Bridger transportation, any info

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Thai, Jul 10, 2014.

1. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Lease on to an oil hauler and buy the truck thru them? Easier to be a company night driver and gross good money. Too much of its on you as a lease driver. If oil goes down, then what? Truck is a one trick pony. Assuming you have to buy trailer too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    I have a buddy that drives that leases on with Bridger in East TX and West LA, he's pretty happy but he's out a lot. CO has work, I know the company I'm with is expanding into CO as we speak which should soften the blow of whatever is going to happen in the Bakken in the coming year or so. We pull oil for Conoco/Exxon pretty evenly and a tiny bit for Shell, I know some of the Conoco wells are already being choked back.

4. newtrucker2

newtrucker2 Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2012
    hallettsville,texas
    yeah I had the same experience with bridger they promise you everything but cant deliver,they cant keep accounts because they cant force an o/o to work on weekends and holidays so most take off forcing leases to look elsewhere to pickup the oil,

2fuzy and wtxiceman Thank this.
  5. Mikdank

Mikdank Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2014
    Did any one hear if bridger lost there shell contract

6. newtrucker2

newtrucker2 Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2012
    hallettsville,texas
    they did now doing p66

7. Mikdank

Mikdank Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2014
    Okay thanks. So why don't they try to pick up any Anadarko, noble, PDC in the dj basin?

8. Shyrage

Shyrage Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Is the work in west texas still booming??

9. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    When I got on the plane leaving Midland to Dallas to Chicago. One of the guys behind me on the first plane, said they already fired half of the office staff. He was a cementer. So, I'm guessing people will be let go two weeks into the year. Maybe companies are holding back till February, when it traditionally picks up. I already had my pay cut about 2 weeks ago. It doesn't look strong at this point.

10. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

I still see Bridger in the Houston area but not as many as before. I was told by one of their drivers they were being told to either head out of this area to West TX or LA if they wanted to keep working. They do drive nice trucks and trailers as opposed to some other lease operators in the area.

11. Mikdank

Mikdank Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2014
    Does anyone have the AOM name and number for colorado? Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.