Bridger transportation, any info

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Thai, Jul 10, 2014.

1. acehigh72

acehigh72 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Permian basin Tx
    Bridger hauling for p66... Hummm.. Worked for Phillips 66 for over 2 years,, i know they are having a hard time keeping company drivers because of the cameras they mounted on the inside center of the windshield to watch what drivers were doing.. Called drive cam.. Yall looking for oil hauling jobs around odessa,midland,leveland,lubbock,biglake,san angelo areas.. The highest paying is Plains Marketing,LPC and Sentinal.. Oxy was one of the best till they cut drivers bonuses,, lost most their drivers and sold to Bridger.. Plains Marketing. Pays a $3300.00 quarterly. Safety Bonus + you make 250 to 500 a day depending on what shift you work.. I work for Plains,, one of my good friends works for LPC in Midland,he made $130k last year on night shift hauling. 6 to 8 loads a night..

wtxiceman Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    Sentinel is a good company, but that windshield camera is a real nuisance.

4. acehigh72

Jan 1, 2015
    Permian basin Tx
    Yea Sentinel was great,beside the cameras and awful days off..(had Tuesday and Wednesday off for 2 years.. No weekends.. After I got used to Plains pay scale, I think plains is better.. Way better days off make a little more $$.. Plus crazy bonuses every quarter...My Sentinel bonus was only 1400 a year (paid in march)after 2 years. My bonus at plains is $3300 per quarter.. Benefits at plains are better..Only thing Sentinel has over Plains is better Equipment (way better)...

5. Octrucker

Octrucker Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I heard at plains if you make one little mistake you get fired. Heard that from a few drivers

6. acehigh72

Jan 1, 2015
    Permian basin Tx
    Thats not true... First time mess up(oil spilll ect) 3 day suspension. + u loose bonuse.. 2nd time 7 day suspension and lose bonus.. 3rd time termination.. Truck accident. Differant... If your fault. Bye bye... Get caught on phone,bye bye

wtxiceman Thanks this.
  7. crude hauler

crude hauler Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2011
    I have never understood working for Bridger or Taylor(Gibson)! They give you a new truck charge you a fortune to operate. Is a third party carrier! I worked for Taylor in Colorado years ago but ran my own equipment. It was fine at the time but left for ND and made three times as much money. If it where me and could not aquire the equipment on my own I would not work for these guys just to say it's your truck. It's not, try modifying it without permission! Who owns it? I've have a guy working for me that makes more money than he ever did working for Bridger! And all he does is pack a lunch box! I've talked to Bridger guys and they tell me what they make some are only doing a 1000 a week after expenses! That's crazy. Guys packing a lunch box make twice that and don't have the headaches of taking care of a truck they will never own.

ironmule Thanks this.
  8. cmbks21

cmbks21 Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Bridger is getting huge, big player

9. acehigh72

Jan 1, 2015
    Permian basin Tx
    Ok... so a one of my good friends gave his notice at his crude hauling job in midland mid December. .. he went to Bridger orientation on Jan 5... Now he has been hauling crude for 5 years... he gets out of orientation (which he says is a joke) he said your lease contract is worded so you will never ever own that truck..he said the rules are also set up as if you are a company driver.. no riders, no pets.. ect.. he said after he got his truck and started working there was no management support.. ( no one to answer phones for directions, maps, key codes at unload station lact units,,).. he said every load he sat for 2 to 3 hrs waiting to unload at stations. .. ( that's way to long).. he said after 3 days working he only made 2000... but 1100 expenses. .= $900 in 3 days ( really) I make $350 a day as a company driver.. he said there a a lot of thing u pay for that they don't tell u about when they are recruiting you.. like computer and satellite expenses they charge you... anyway... he said worst thing he ever did.. he said there were him and 3 other guys gave their trucks back yesterday and quit. .. had his old job back before the end of the day... So I wouldn't do it..

JerryC Thanks this.
  10. 2fuzy

2fuzy Road Train Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Granite Canon,WY
    because they already lost noble still doing a couple wells for anadarko and I hear that as soon as the contract is up they are gone PDC is mostly purchased by Suncor that has other folks pulling it
    Bridger used to be Southern Energy it was good then now they just can't get there #### together enough to keep customers

forgot the quote
    Okay thanks. So why don't they try to pick up any Anadarko, noble, PDC in the dj basin?

11. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    I was on 5/2 5/3 so my weekend moved forward a day every 2 weeks, was kind of a nuisance but spread it around nicely. They did have great equipment and they took great care of it, haven't seen that anywhere since. I've been considering taking a hard look into Plains, as best I can tell from my time in the oilfield they pretty much are the apex predator of crude hauling outfits.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.