Bringing the pooch, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Mrh2008, Jul 18, 2013.

1. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Just about all of the pharmaceutical companies don't allow dogs. I just tell Truckerdawg :grommit: to stay out of sight.

DoneYourWay Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    So what do you do with your dog there? I have a fold up soft kennel I would just put her I. And close the curtains.

teqntexas and DoneYourWay Thank this.
  4. Charli Girl

Charli Girl Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    Oh geez my chihuahua won't let anyone near my truck,she'd never be quiet.However,if she's in my arms I taught her when she ws little that when I do the "shhh" sign(finger over mouth) she automatically hushes...it's hilarious:biggrin_2559:

Lady K Thanks this.
  5. wstar2003

wstar2003 Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Steel mills was where I had trouble. Some of them let me in with him anyway, and some not. AK steel in Bessemer, AL wouldn't let one of my drivers in until he took his to a kennel. It was a bad deal because he was loaded and couldn't just leave. I guess they think you are going to pull the dog out and start playing frisbee in the middle of the plant or something.:scratch:

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    And what's odd is, we've all seen some truckers who are nastier and more in need of a bath (and/or in some cases less behaved) than any dog that might come into a facility :biggrin_25511:just sayin'.

Mrh2008, Charli Girl and Elroythekid Thank this.
  7. teqntexas

teqntexas Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Ft. Worth Tx.
    if i had seen a sign saying no pets, i'da put her in the sleeper and closed the curtain. security actually kicked me off the property. it was a cluster and a half. called dispatch (which new i had the dog) they called shipper because it wasn't noted on the contract anywhere. anyway, ended up off loading at a different place and then they had to load it on a different truck to get it there.

DoneYourWay Thanks this.
  8. white wolf

white wolf Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2013
    minneeessoooota
    I once actually saw a guy with a chimp in the passenger seat it was early in the morning had to do a double take to make sure I wasnt sleep driving again

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.