Britton Transport Inc.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MrEd, Oct 16, 2011.

1. trk3

trk3 Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Norman OK
    What is there hiring area, I live in OKC OK

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. richieryan

richieryan Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    OKC,OK
    I e-mailed them to get more info...

4. bluebird36

bluebird36 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2012
    harahan la
    whin I drove for them I was living in New Orleans La area They would get me home on my request.It work for me.Call them and here what they have to say

5. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Hi trk3. I have a friend who lives in Tulsa. My terminal manager said that wouldn't be a problem. But my friend likes to run for weeks before going home. I like this company because, so far, I am making really good money, and getting home a lot too.

6. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    If you don't mind saying, why did you leave, bluebird36?

7. richieryan

richieryan Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    OKC,OK
    I'll probably call them tomorrow. I e-mailed Saturday. MrEd, can you tell us some basics that are not on the website, like basic exp qualifications and pay? Thx

8. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Pay at Britton depends on what fleet you are on. Van div and Hopper div each pay .37cpm plus stop pay, layover and detention. flatbed pay is .41cpm plus 30 or 50 bucks tarp pay and layover and detention. So far have not came close to needing detention pay. Also haven't tarped very much....3 times in 7 weeks. 2 steel tarp loads and 1 lumber tarp load. everything else was no tarp.

9. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    They didnt ever mention minimum experience needed. I had enough experience, but i had been off the road working in a factory for 10 months. Had a couple places I called tell me my experience was too old. It didnt seem to be an issue here. They just verified my over 18 years exp. and hired me. It is a small company, with only 60 or so trucks. Not sure how many vans and hoppers there are. are only 10 flatbed trucks at the moment. One thing I like, is my dispatcher asks me what I want to do, and if he has something he wants me to do, he asks me if I can do it. No one said it wasnt forced dispatch, but it sure feels that way so far. Really laid back. Everyone I work with are really good people it seems.

10. bluebird36

bluebird36 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2012
    harahan la
    At the age of 74 it was time to give it up .

Lost Navigator Thanks this.
  11. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    That's a good reason, Bluebird36. I hope I can still do this at 74, even if I am not doing it here. But I have 29 years to work till then. The way I feel many days, I ain't gonna make it that long.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.