Britton Transport Inc.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MrEd, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Mountain Hummingbird

Mountain Hummingbird Medium Load Member

Oct 14, 2012
    All I can say is it is not good when a Canadian company takes over one here in the states. Don't think anything good will come from it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD

(?) Becomes part of larger company, more exposure, more advertising, more American jobs created both at Britton and its vendors/suppliers, more money in the local & US economy. You're right nothing good.

Do you still think your Ford, Chevy or Dodge are American made? Dodge is owned by Fiat, an Italian company that saved Dodge's #####. Think of how many US jobs would have been lost had a foreign company not stepped in. It's a global economy, like it or not.

TomatoMan and Lost Navigator Thank this.
  4. Lost Navigator

Lost Navigator Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Spring Lake, NC
    Well first day of orientation completed. Everone here at Britton Transport has been great. I will be going out with a trainer, Steve, for a week or two then down to Sioux Falls for my flatbed/step training. Well really it is a refresher as I have 6 years of flatbed experience just not in the last 9 years, unless you count both tours in Iraq pulling a flatbed. Anyway I am optimistic that this move will be satisfying.
    Going from 54 degrees to -7 was a shock. Hurry, Spring.

JoeB Thanks this.
  5. Lost Navigator

Feb 2, 2014
    Spring Lake, NC
    Mr Ed looks like you will be getting a pie!

6. bluebird36

bluebird36 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2012
    harahan la
    That something I do not miss going up to the border in the wee hours wind blowing and -25 deg. out.

7. Lost Navigator

Feb 2, 2014
    Spring Lake, NC
    First trip out. Time with Trainer Steve has been well spent. Glad I made the time for this refresher. The automatic transmission is easy to get used too. The electronic logs are a challenge. However, I think I got it. Didn't think I would like the new regulations but I'm kinda liking them. Great equipment. I will be heading to Sioux Falls Thursday to get my truck and head to Forest Va.

8. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    How are things going lostnavigator? I was just in Forest this week. Am up on Austin, Mn to deliver spreaders from Cornelia, Ga. Supposed to be reloading right here to head to North Dakota. Am staying pretty busy.

9. casc1

casc1 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2011
    toronto
    Ya you are probably right......thank god the American companies are running everything tickety-boo...( swift, werner, knight, usa, prime)

peterd Thanks this.
  10. Lost Navigator

Feb 2, 2014
    Spring Lake, NC
    Well I have been with Britton for 4 months. They have metall my expectations so far. I have not been to a grocery warehouse and theyhave made sure I was home for drill in NC. I was home for Annual training for 2weeks and the truck set in the yard. I am currently doing training at Ft.Jackson SC for 2 weeks. The staff in Sioux Falls has been very responsive to mymilitary responsibilities. They have a training program for new students; Steveis a very responsible trainer. My pay is on time, direct deposit.
    I am in the flatbed division. I'm getting back into the swing of it as I hadforgotten how much work went into it.
    I am deeply grateful to Senta and Hero2Hired in providing me this opportunity.
    The 62 mile an hour truck suits me fine, a 2014 Freightliner. The elog can be your friend, though itis frustrating loosing that 30 minutes of your day especially when it falls atan inopportune time. Safety is a priority at Britton.
    Bottom line, Britton is a good company to work for.

Lee Tibbetts Trk 14021

JoeB Thanks this.
  11. Aquarius169

Aquarius169 Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Does this company hire students, what trucks they run manual or autoshift, do they have a dry van division. I'm in nc, Charlotte. Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.