Broker/Carrier Load Boards

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by DetroitLogistics, Oct 10, 2018.

1. DetroitLogistics

DetroitLogistics Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2018
    Hello,

I am just wondering what the differences were. I was just looking at various load boards and wanted to know if you purchased DAT Load board designed for brokers could you still bid on other loads. Yes, I know double brokering is wrong and ****** up. Can brokers bid on let's say if a 3PL puts out a load or a shipper. Can they see that or can brokers only POST loads?

Thanks,

Detroit

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Get yourself setup as a Broker, sign up for a Broker board and let us know how it works out for you. Nobody's going to help you learn how to double broker. We have enough leeches. We certainly don't need more.

KB3MMX and PPDCT Thank this.
  4. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
  5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Get aprooved with Shipper then you get acess to Shippers list wether you’re a Carrier or Broker

6. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    DAT requires you to validate , prove your authority to get access.

7. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Any time you call to bid on a load, the broker will immediately ask you for your MC# (before they will discuss any load detsils). Unless you have carrier authority, they will not even discuss load details let alone broker a load to you.

8. DetroitLogistics

Oct 10, 2018
    Man I can see you are upset when you replied to this, lol. We have our own warehouse and are a SHIPPER. But, we also have a small asset based trucking company in Michigan. I have never used a load board since we never needed it. We have always had our trucks or I've had a few friends in the area. We are slowly growing and I was wondering if there was a load board where I could find loads for my guys who are trying to come home after dumping OUR load and maybe come home with something we find from a third party service/shipper on the load board.

Sorry for not explaining this better.

Lite bug, Rideandrepair and DSK333 Thank this.
  9. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Sorry if you took my response as being "upset". I'm a very frank person with a dry sense of humor and those two personality traits don't show too well via text. Thanks for the explanation but even though your intended goal may not be to double broker I assure you some unscrupulous individual will one day (if not right at this very moment) use the information put out here publicly. Please keep that in mind when forum members aren't willing to assist in a way you might need. I still believe your best option is getting set up as a broker for own needs. Otherwise, you can grab a "back haul" like the rest of the industry or find a direct customer that fits your lanes.

W900AOwner Thanks this.
  10. DetroitLogistics

Oct 10, 2018
    I mean, to double broker is to double broker. I am about to set up and get a broker's license and that is just to try and acquire these "back hauls" the issue is my business involves very specific needs so we don't have consistent lanes. We ship boat parts as we make/re-manufacture them. The demand for them is good but, not at a weekly rate sadly. If you can PM me some information that would be phenomenal. My only question is if let's say I do get set up with DAT or a similar load board as a broker can I still pick up loads as I post. Or will I have to get two separate load boards in order to set up my back hauls. I mean the latter being not impossible but just rather inconvenient having DAT slap my wallet twice.

Again, sorry for any disrespect I might have sounded like the typical "BrokerD&u*he" as my pops likes to call them. I still don't think he's forgiven me for having the company get a Broker's License. Which is rather too easy in my opinion to get, lol.

But, either way cheers and let me know about the load boards if you do have info.

11. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    They sometimes post loads themselves on the boards. The Carrier board that is. What lane into Detroit are you needing help with?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.