Broker is threatening with freightguard report

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Lukas1531, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Lukas1531

Lukas1531 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2020
    Hi there guys, I got this question. Can broker report me to freightguar for me calling him a coward?
    Let me explain, I booked a load on Tuesday morning from Fruitland MD shipper was FCFS until 6pm. I gave eta 3pm.
    I got unloaded in Jessup, MD and I was on my way to shipper. Only about 30 miles from shipper when broker called me canceling the load saying it was his customer canceling it ( yeah right...)
    I told him to pay me a TONU since I was already driving for more than an hour and crossed toll bridge where toll was $45. He answered he would.
    2 days later no TONU, so I called him and he's saying now he won't pay anything since he canceled on the same day and I didn't get to a shipper yet.
    So emotions got better of me and I called him a f... coward. I know I should have handled myself better but I knew he just lied to me ( I contacted the shipper load was ready to go he just sold it to a cheaper carrier) yet he refuses to pay what is required of him.
    Let me know from your experience what can I expect.
    Broker is Freight Tec. Individual name is Austin Robinson.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    ... its just part of the game ... instead of collecting negative emotions - forget about and move on ... Im sure everyone here will have dozen of stories , some of them authentic POS ...

4. Lukas1531

Lukas1531 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2020
    Absolutely, not a first time this happened to me but never was I threatened with a freightguard report.

5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI

Was it really required of him? By stating you need a new rate confirmation it looks like it wasn't required of him. I.E. a tonu wasn't in the contract to begin with.
    While it's scummy of him to not pay tonu, I seriously doubt he was required to by what you wrote.

Now if it was in the contract, unfortunately all you can do to recover the money is sue him, and that's usually more effort than it's worth.

6. Lukas1531

Lukas1531 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2020
    We agreed on him paying a TONU. We signed the contract if he canceled the load due to his customer or whatever was the reason and not due to my fault yeah he's required to pay TONU. It wasn't like he canceled the load few minutes after we signed the rate con and a day prior to ship date. I was already dispatched and very close to a shipper.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    Siinman, MartinFromBC, alds and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

next time you’re a half hour away and they do that, go load it. Then tell him he’s gotta give you truck order not used for you to unload it
    ;)
    Gonna find out how much cheaper that other carrier was in a hurry

LISAD&M, Siinman, UItraman and 17 others Thank this.
  8. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    You have no real understanding how everyday spot market works, yet, you always post comments about it.
    In real world things don't work they way you think they should

Siinman, Czar_Zero, jcrack08 and 4 others Thank this.
  9. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    What's the broker's MC? Seems like a lot of Double Brokers threaten with Freightguards lately

Siinman, alds and Big Road Skateboard Thank this.
  10. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Y
    You ask or automatically receive a new Rate Con when a load is canceled last minute. I always get sent one without asking..

11. Lukas1531

Lukas1531 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2020
    I was thinking about it but decided it's not worth my stress levels since he agreed on $250 TONU

Siinman Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.