Broker is threatening with freightguard report

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Lukas1531, Sep 1, 2022.

1. Lukas1531

Lukas1531 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2020
    Oh God thanks for being so awesome and perfect my goodness you have never gotten a load canceled on you last minute? Really? And no up until now I have always gotten reimbursed tonu when anything like this happened.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lukas1531

Lukas1531 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2020
    Where do you see 2 days later in the same context? 2 days later broker hasn't gotten back to me with the revised rate confirmation that we agreed upon when on call after he canceled the load on me. If you need that detail explained here you go. After we agreed on the tonu on Tuesday my dispatcher called shipper to check on that pick up # and it was said to be ready so we assume it was just sold for cheaper. Since we agreed on $250 tonu I didn't follow up on it that day.

4. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    I was supposed to load at 1pm yesterday for a regular broker. At 716am he texted me and cancelled. I never even left my house and I still got my 250. This is because my AP has been agreed to in writing over 2 years ago. I get it all in writing with every broker on the rate con and/or I have them sign my Addendum. If neither happens, I will not haul for them.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time but if he already agreed to your TONU terms in writing that's all you need to invoice. Do it! Wait for NET30 or whatever credit terms you've issued them for payment. No payment?

File. A. Claim. On. Thier. Bond.

Either you don't know what you're doing or you're leaving something out here. I'm thinking you don't have anything in writing because if you did you wouldn't have blown a gasket the way you did. You would have calming taken the loss and invoiced accordingly.

5. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    Oh, you have a dispatcher and you factor? Wow. You're just bleeding revenue every which way but loose, my friend. How long have you had your own authority?

6. Lukas1531

Lukas1531 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2020
    Thanks for that and I agree that I can learn a lot therefore I came here to get some opinions. No need to put me down because I could have done something better. I'm glad you shared your opinion respectfully.

7. Lukas1531

Lukas1531 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2020
    I have 4 trucks so yes I have a dispatcher. Yes I do have a factoring company in case I work with a c broker a and b I invoice myself.

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  8. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    I'm sorry to come across that way. Putting you down was not my intention. My apologies. It's just so much damage has been done from all these new carriers out here that jumped in when things were hot and they've made a real mess out of things so it's an aggravating situation for me.

9. Lukas1531

Lukas1531 Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2020
    I don't consider myself new I have my own authority since 2015 and I don't believe I'm one of them that mess the market. I know my worth and do not move any product for less than $3 a mile with deadhead.

Siinman Thanks this.
  10. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    I get a email today from FreightGuard Report. I called the broker issuing this report. He asked for my numbers. Then said he made a mistake. He also said he canceled the report. My wife called after I told her about it and while talking to this broker he canceled the report ( the access code was not recognized ) So I was not sure this Freight Guard Report was a real thing until @062 sent me to this thread. I never talked to this broker until today. Sometimes people out of nowhere can mess you up.

Siinman Thanks this.
  11. billcollects

billcollects Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Mississippi
    Is it Freight Tec or FreightTech? The latter is the successor to two brokerages that burned hundreds of carriers in the last two years. For Freight Tec, we have had a few carriers that placed them for collections in teh past, but they immediately paid them when we were involved.

As far as a TONU, you have no leverage unfortunately, especially if he just told you and didn't put it in writing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.