Broker question

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by gokiddogo, Oct 3, 2012.

1. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Have a verbal commitment from broker on a load. It will be the first load I am hauling for said broker. After filling out carrier packet, sending it in, their carrier services has everything they need, now I cannot get a hold of broker to send over load confirmation. Do I just drop it all together and find something else? What if he calls me back after I have found another load and tells me "well you said you would do it"? Has he found someone to haul it for less money and is now avoiding my calls? Didn't expect this from people speaking highly here of Landstar.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Smellfunny

Smellfunny Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    I would not haul a load without a carrier confirmation. Never do anything with verbal commitment that involves money or other people.

4. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    No. I am not moving from the truck stop to go get it until I have paper in hand. I'll give it til the morning, if no reply I will get something else.

5. Real Deal

Real Deal Medium Load Member

May 29, 2012
    Saint George UT
    Landstar is no different than any other broker.

6. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

You must be dealing with the same broker I called on a ld. here in Mt.
    Talked to him about the ld.
    Called the people I work with and gave them the info. They have called and I have also called him back. Goes to voice mail.
    Ld. is off the board also, Hopefully will find out in the morning.

7. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    If he doesn't get me the paperwork first thing I am deadheading out. I made enough coming in anyway. My next load will make my round trip, including deadhead, is how it was planned in the first place. This was to be icing on the cake.

8. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    You're WRONG sir! Don't lump everyone together. I'm proud to be part of Landstar and we strive to stand out from the crowd.

This sounds like one of our so-called "agents." who operates from their home with a cell phone and a laptop. If you don't have a load confirmation signed by the broker in hand, you can go whenever you want. Unless there is paperwork signed, you aren't committed and there is nothing he can do. Now, that said, please don't lump us all together. My agency has six offices nationwide currently, some of which are run out of our homes due to only one or two people working out of that location. We differ from them because I am constantly performing quality control. We may not get your rate confirmation to you right away because we're covered up, but we are in constant communication with you. You just have to be careful about who you deal with. You can talk to some of the BCO's around here and they'll give you agency codes to avoid like the plague. Most won't tell you the good ones because they want to keep the good loads for themselves. Feel free to contact me and I'll share my contact information and maybe we can get you on some loads and help one another out.

9. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    It ended up working out. He called early this morning and said they have everything to set me up in the system and the load info would be over shortly. So I take him for his word and yes it was over shortly. Everything is good.

aiwiron Thanks this.
  10. Real Deal

Real Deal Medium Load Member

May 29, 2012
    Saint George UT
    Landstar is no different than any other broker/carrier.

11. Pilot1

Pilot1 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2011
    On the front 9
    Completely wrong here to cluster everyone together. Like LSOSR said; similiar to his comment, we strive to be different as well. I have guys that run for us, that sometimes I can't get the load conf. over quick enough. However; they know that when I say the load is theirs, they can move. Yes - I have had to pay a truck order not used before; due to customer not making capacity of the loaed. no it doesnt bother me to pay a T.O.N.U! But also; they know that when they get to said shipper, the confirmations are there..

Looking at your icon here on the page it says 38 years exp; perhaps a bad dealing or two with Landstar maybe?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.