Broker transparency listening session

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Dino soar, Oct 11, 2020.

1. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I think you're the one living in a fantasy world if you don't believe him. And i know for a fact has never sued a broker or shipper. I guess some people just deal with a better class of people.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Considering the amount of throat slicing that I've seen and the amount of business that I've won over $50, I'm gonna agree with @rollin coal and @wichris here.

On top of that, I'm pretty sure that Chris is a fair bit more successful than me, even if he's a little less vocal.

4. iceman32

iceman32 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2014
    TQL lawsuit 2020 UPDATED: Freight broker TQL faces lawsuit, backlash after data breach – Produce Blue Book

CH Robinson lawsuit UPDATED: C.H.Robinson faces billion dollar fraud lawsuit – Produce Blue Book

Smaller freight broker lawsuits More freight brokers dragged into carriers’ personal injury lawsuits - FreightWaves

The 2 cents of a person who is doing good is just as useless as a fart in the wind, to a person who is dealing with reality.

TheLoadOut and 6wheeler Thank this.
  5. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Those actions have nothing to do with brokers/customers/rates. Not sure what reality you are living in.

6. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Iceman, I'm not one to jump on the mob mentality but there's some logic working against you here. First, TQL and CHR? Everyone knows they are crooks (or can be) and tries to stay away from them. Second, the screenshot you quoted is not an example of anything. We know no specifics of that load. It could've (and probably was) some crazy mess like drop trailer for 5 days.

You don't like brokers because you think they take money from our pockets. So does the government, and they send a fire truck when your house is on fire and collect the trash....and pave the roads. Brokers do things you need. Also, they feel the same way about carriers. Lots of lousy ones and they are always looking for the good ones. Be one and you'll have no trouble, except the inevitable problems that happen to all of us. That's trucking.

7. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    General consensus is the price was a typo. But why acknowledge that, when you can use it to fuel a narrative?

Everybody wants to hit a lick every now and then, and every now and then you do. If a broker nails it on some sweet load, there's nothing wrong with that. No rule says they need to pass that profit down straight to the carrier. If the load doesn't pay, then don't book it. If it does pay, then take it, and worry about yourself. People complaining about what brokers make are the same ones using their services, so be happy they are around to find your freight. How many direct to shipper carriers care about what brokers are doing? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2020
    Reason for edit: Political
    86scotty, Lite bug and JimmyTwoTimes Thank this.
  8. JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2019
    I think it's adorable that you replied with these links like they had anything to do with your poorly informed, poorly thought out point.

Don't let reason, logic, or a need to stay on topic stop you from arguing your little heart out Iceman, you do you.

062 and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  9. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Where I grew up we would say “bless his heart” then walk away shaking our head.

wichris, Lite bug, PPDCT and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.