Broker Transparency

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Dave_in_AZ, Nov 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I don't have a problem making the most money I can. Been through a couple of ups and downs in the market. What anyone else makes is their business. I don't understand you guys who think people are making 50% off loads. That's crazy talk. Hogs get slaughtered.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I don't gripe about the free market. I'll whine about low rates when they happen but I understand that's part of the game. You ought to know that.

4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I don’t understand the desire for everyone in this industry to be equal. It’s a competition. I want to do the best I can and if you’re not a personal friend of mine I don’t give a hill of beans if you can stay in business or not. Everyone wants to talk about “brotherhood” until they can weasel in and get something good away from someone else.

Back in August I was approached by a cattle buyer I used to haul for. He was planning on buying a bunch of calves on Superior video and didn’t want to handle the trucks. No problem. We agreed on rates, which is just the “going rate” for fall run. I have people I know that don’t need paid until I get paid and they get 100%. I take 5% if they want paid the following week. I’ve put some stuff on Livestock Network as well as contact people that had trucks posted. On those I say I have a load(s) from here to there weighing approx XX pounds, what do you need to haul it/them? Most of the time they will shoot me a number without even asking me a rate and they’ll leave 20 to 30 cents a mile on the table. If someone is choosing to run their business like that why is it the government’s responsibility to hold their hand?

Also this is a one and done for me. The little bit of extra money isn’t worth the headache. I don’t know how you real brokers deal with truckers every day.

5. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    There is some easy money here and there but it’s always a product of previous work that’s been put into place. Most of the time its a long hard grind with surprises around every corner ready to jump at yah.

Many brokers think truckers just wake up in the sleeper and take the long hard journey to the front seat, then hold the steering wheel. Many truckers think that the brokers take the long hard journey from their bed to their home office and click a mouse or dial a number. Obviously, neither is true.

6. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Because some want their failure/lack of success to be someone else's fault. Because the world is an unfair place. Because someone else does better than i do.

Like i said, reading all this was good for a laugh.

Snailexpress, Midwest Trucker and 062 Thank this.
  7. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Sooo... you’re saying all of us don’t get a trophy :(

dwells40 and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  8. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Some get a trophy and go off with the head cheerleader, other's just a well used Playboy. LOL

dwells40, 86scotty and 062 Thank this.
  9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    No you posted you wanted low rates.

10. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Sean Connery from "The Rock."

It was the prom queen.

11. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Sweet, another thread from the have-nots wanting more regulations to make things fair. I say learn how to run a profitable business or get out and go flip ####ing hamburgers.

12. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    The question remains.

Why change the regulation if it's not hurting the brokers?

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.