Brokered a load, gave fuel advance, load got double brokered.

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by aj72941, Mar 1, 2018.

1. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    You know what??

That explains why one of my regulars sent me a fuel card & asked for a pic of the BOL as soon as I picked up their loads.

I just thought they wanted to know when I hooked it up - I did not put much thought into it

Broker also asked if I needed fuel advance, and I was like "naaahh, my tanks are full for the round trip"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Yeeeeep. Gotta have some proof that it's on your truck, or you could just skip out on the load with the cash in your pocket/bank account.

4. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    True...

But I never requested fuel advance. The card magically appeared (after pulling a few loads for them) even tho I'm not leased on to them....so I never connected the two...lol

I guess they must either like me (passing on fuel savings) or they trust me...oh well

PPDCT Thanks this.
  5. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Hey, if that's the case, good on them, and good on you for doing solid enough work for them to put that together for you.

Brickwall and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  6. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Let me see if I can be any help.

Can you track down the location the comchek was cashed at? Might call comdata for that.

I can bet that the camera at the cashed site has video. Find out location and report stolen comchek to local police.

Brickwall and DSK333 Thank this.
  7. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Fuel advances are so lame. They cannot be serious. If someone indeed does not have money to top off the tanks then let them sink, there'll be more room for others. Better rates maybe too.

hduane, Brickwall, nightgunner and 5 others Thank this.
  8. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    BTW What's it like? Someone calls request/negotiates a rate, possibly argues and gets what they want and then at end they say .."Now since we agreed on money, you must know I'm a little broke... Could advance me some money for fuel, please?" Lame and Shameless! LOL.

Brickwall, Tug Toy, DSK333 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    I always took a fuel advance when I was using a broker for the first time.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  10. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    That's not so much a fuel advance as a good faith advance. That's different. I think.

Brickwall, Tug Toy, nax and 2 others Thank this.
  11. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    The more this is discussed, the more I'm in agreement with "good faith advance" angle.

I cant imagine pulling a first-ever-broker-load, and getting stiffed due to double brokering. Now that would piss me off big time.

Maybe I should operate on "trust is earned" premise and start doing the "good faith advance" till relationship is established.

Brickwall and REEFERman450 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.