Brokered Loads

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by ModernDayMuleSkinner, Jun 26, 2009.

1. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    why, so you can rent it to Pharm and let him run it into everything he gets withing 10 feet of!

sorry rob, I gotta stop using you for that example... lol

you've gotten better if it's any concellation

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC

Hey I'm counting on them changing their minds about taking it back once they see it... that was sheer strategy.

Thanks for recognizing that I haven't collided with anything for a good 5 weeks now!

4. Pawnd

Pawnd Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Chasing wind
    Have you made them an offer to buy it? They could save transport and auction fees.

5. PharmPhail

Nov 7, 2008
    NC

Was that for me?

Yeah I'll buy it, they want 35k. The problem is getting financed 3 months after financing a truck and shouldering all the startup expenses I've accrued.

There wouldn't be any transportation or auction fees because they are local and not auctioning it off. They claim a trailer dealer will take all the ones they have on the lot and resume payments on them.

6. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    here is a little trucking 101 for you

what they told you really means this.

"We are renting you the trailer, you are paying us. We bought a big house and a shiney car for the wife and didn't make our payments so the trailer dealer is repoing our trailers"

7. PharmPhail

Nov 7, 2008
    NC

The thought had crossed my mind.

They keep saying "The bank wants them off our books".

8. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    I'll gaurantee it. Trucking is a shady business. These guys pop up suck all the money out they can then disappear for a bit. eventually they pop back up somewhere else doing the same thing.
    almost as bad as asphalt contractors but not quite

9. miconn

miconn Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Mobile,AL
    Kinda sounds like you are in a mess with that company. I can see no good coming from a deal like that. L.P's are a money maker for the company, not the driver. Trucks a cheap right now, you want to be owner operator? go buy one, they are practically giving 'em away......I just paid less than 20k for a 2004 frtlnr with 400,000 miles on it(had a 96 that needed an overhaul, versus buy another cheap truck). Cheap enough I can scrape by the rest of this year until frieght picks back up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.