Brokers 101

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by help123, May 20, 2007.

1. sandman1976

sandman1976 Medium Load Member

Mar 5, 2009
    burgaw,nc
    for the new o/o u will have to network as much as possible,the broker will only keep u above water til you can create a good base. u will not have time to drive the truck and go out and network with customers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sandman1976

sandman1976 Medium Load Member

Mar 5, 2009
    burgaw,nc
    i also think there should be some sort of list for black balled brokers

4. y1o2e3

y1o2e3 Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Memphis, TN
    Im a o/o. I got a trucking company owner who's offering me 25% of net truck revenues for each trip ticket that he runs my truck. he wants me to be responsible for all maintenance on the truck why he lease it. he's responsible for ins. and authority on the truck. is this a good offer or wat. any advise will be greatly appreciated.

5. FZ37

FZ37 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2010
    (Southern) Virginia

That's something I'd like to find more about. Because it is so important to pay the driver asap to keep things rollin',If the broker gets stiffed and the driver gets paid out a the bond the broker may go....Broke...r !:biggrin_25510:

6. v6killer

v6killer Medium Load Member

Dec 6, 2010
    ChicagoLand
    This subject and all the postings was great,

7. FREEBRD

FREEBRD Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Lafollette tn
    How bout we dont haul cheap freight!
    We truckers should be able too make a good living. Look at the bs and sacrifices !

Purger Thanks this.
  8. Gunerck

Gunerck Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Im O/O, thinking about getting my own authority, anyone can name a good broker to start with ? Thanks a lot.

9. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Gunerck, it depends on your area. But most of the good ones that I work with now would not touch me for the first 30-60-90 days. Some are even 6-months. While frustrating in the beginning, what I learned was that these companies are the better ones. They care about the customer and are doing the job the should - making sure they have a reliable carrier.

Disclaimer - some of the big trucking companies have this policy and may or not be that great to deal with.

Landstar has done great by me. But remember that they have a lot of offices so you can come across some poor agents. I think they require a couple months active authority.

UTi has done well but stay on top of the pay issue. They want originals and will not tell you if they have not seen them. But the lady I work with does not play with the rates. She will tell me straight up - I have a load but it doesn't pay but if you want to go here then I can get you a good rate.

10. Gunerck

Gunerck Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks for the info! I guess nothing is easy in the beginning.....
    Have a good day.

11. Purger

Purger Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Sioux City, IA

do you have any easier question instead?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.