Brokers are thieves!!!

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Regional, Apr 28, 2020.

1. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    ######## ok...I know now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Cheap freight is where all those who can't manage money are supposed to fall off the tree and rot on the ground, naturally they all get to clamoring for somebody to do something to save them.

frito bandito and FoolsErrand Thank this.
  4. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    If they don't want to be transparent they don't need to be if they want to be transparent I could not care less. #### that ####!
    As far as I am concerned transparent is a fabric of a female underwear.

5. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Cheap freight is a market thing. Today is cheap. Tomorrow ain't.
    Money management is something else.

larry2903 and frito bandito Thank this.
  6. Nobroker

Nobroker Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Im not 100% sure of that but I am sure this current 30 year old road trucking has been on is southbound.

7. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Hauling below break even will eventually grind all fools to death without regard for gender race age country of origin, age of truck or anything else. It is the fairest system we have. No it is not a level playing field. Everyone is always looking to tip the scales in their favor.

The megas wanted ELD, it gave them an advantage over paper log owner ops who retired in droves. Now the truckers push for an advantage over the brokers. Then itll be the shippers. Eventually you arrive at price controls and govt takeovers of "essential" factories and you should all be smart enough to smell that in the air right now.

Govt wants the power to say the liquor store is essential but the salon is closed. The wall came down in 91 gang. The commies arent in moscow or beijing anymore, theyre here in our govt, our school systems and our corporations. Slowly steering us over to their system with "safety" and "fair" and "essential" by exacerbating one "crisis" at a time. Yuri bezmenov explained the whole process and its stages before he was killed. The final one is called normalization. Thats why you keep seeing "new normal" all over social media. So you accept it without a reaction.

8. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    And you’d be fine when the shippers decide that the government needs to say that owner operators should only be allowed to make a certain amount over their costs because they think that they’re paying too much?

Back before South Dakota deregulated there we’re still guys that went broke and went out of business. The PUC dictated the rates on intrastate loads, the guys that had trucks had that level playing field that all you guys want, yet guys still went broke and had to sell out. But how can that be? The state made everyone charge the same rates? How can a bunch of guys make it and some fail when it’s regulated? Oh, maybe those guys couldn’t manage a business. Maybe they paid way too much for authority and the demand wasn’t there.

What if we went about this the other way? What if instead of trying to limit someone else’s income potential what if the FMCSA made it way harder for someone to get authority? After my dad passed my mom sold our SD intrastate authority for about $15k. That may be a little extreme, but what if it was $10k to get your authority? Maybe that would slow some people down from wanting authority, both truckers and brokers.

I’d also be curious how many protesting in DC right now have only had their authority since 2018. That could be a very telling number also.

9. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Maybe those who go broke once should stay out of owning their own truck for good.

whoopNride, Long FLD, wore out and 2 others Thank this.
  10. FoolsErrand

Sep 15, 2017
    I dont have anything against rick santiago, he might be a great guy, great husband and father and citizen. His problem is he doesnt know history and that means he is gonna lead a lot of other followers to repeat it.

The ONLY good thing about 1000 trucks in washington is that they wont be out there bidding freight down. He would be a lot better off to have a thousand trucks rally at the beaches or campgrounds thatve been closed. go spend their money where its needed most. Washington has already gotten enough of everyones wealth.

So TQL has a manual on how to get trucks to haul cheap? Big deal. Swift or CHR probably has one on how to convince shippers to pay more. Everyones cards are on the table and the goals of the game are clear. Just like chess or combat. I want to position myself to corner my opponent and disarm them so they will obey my will. Business is a gentlemans battleground. Get used to it.

PoleCrusher, PPDCT and Long FLD Thank this.
  11. FoolsErrand

Sep 15, 2017

UPS wont lower their fees if you regulate their driver pay. They will just give it to the board of directors in preferred and common stock options.

If you dont like paying $10 to ship a package across america with UPS you are free to pay about the same to USPS or DHL or fedex. Oh wait. Theres competition and they all charge a bunch.

Well.. Maybe $10 or $20 or $30 to ship a box in 2 days is actually worth it when you compare the task of delivering it yourself.

You dont have a right to regulate anyone elses time, labor or assets. Regulate your own.

We should be happy UPS and walmsrt pay so much for such simple driving. It forces similar operations to compete with them in order to retain personnel. This brings wages up, which is fantastic for everyone.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    StrokerTSi and PPDCT Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.