Brokers possibly not paying?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Wespipes, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    So i have an invoice with landstar almost 40 days old now. It's only for $100 tonu but still. Also got a few over 30 days now. What do I do if these guys don't pay? At what point to file on their bond? And how do I go about doing that?

Attached Files:

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Yup some of the 2 -3 day quick pay brokers I work with are taking longer to pay . I dont mind as long as no % is taken off .

D.Tibbitt and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  4. Stubby the tractor

Stubby the tractor Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2019
    I would file immediately. Not that Landstar is going out but because the agent didn't do the leg work and deserves to get their feet held to the fire. Just so you know, most brokers and freight companies bill as soon as they get the trailer number and loaded call from the driver. THAT IS WHY you never take their BS. Now be a gentleman and at least call them and tell them of your intention to file on their bond. Most likely you'll get someone who cares enough to turn the problem around. Moving forward, ALWAYS get your TONU in the form of a com-check, etc. Safe travels friend.

5. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Can’t file detention or TONU on a bond.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

call. I had the same @$100 TONU for something, I called n they had it on a payment schedule a ways longer than 30. I didn’t ask why, just said I’m at 30 days mailed check. Sposed to be cleared up, I haven’t stopped n looked to see if it showed up yet.

7. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    When a sweetheart sounding girl named adrienne at sunset promises you $200 storage money because her shipper loaded you too late for the straight thru drop and now you need to keep tarp maple dry through a tornado all weekend, hostage the load until its on the ratecon.

She stiffed me, and not the way i like.

feldsforever, D.Tibbitt and Wespipes Thank this.
  8. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Wait 90 days. Send demand letter certified return receipt for full payment in 15 days.

15 days later file summons in Civil court $60. Add $1000 for compensatory loss to total owed. You don't need a lawyer just BOL and rate confirmation

D.Tibbitt and Tug Toy Thank this.
  9. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    I have noticed a couple taking longer than normal. When you call them they blame it on coronovirus and being short staffed.

Unless they have changed, Landstar doesn't pay TONU until they get paid from the customer.

D.Tibbitt and DougA Thank this.
  10. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    I just caught armstrong logistics. Has an invoice 55 days old! Idk how I missed that one. Jfc 55 days to pay ridiculous. I called just now to check on it they said theyll pay me right now. Sent me an email confirming it. We'll see

6wheeler Thanks this.
  11. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I've sued them before

Wespipes Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.