Brokers want to track me....

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Commuter69, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Even being required to show them your license is ########. What are their reasons for scanning you into their system like that? You have my truck license plate/number/company. I want a company ID to give to those people so I can stay secure myself.

djoh615893, speedyk and DSK333 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Colt6920

Colt6920 Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2017
    Couldn't be further from the truth. There are a lot of large corporations, that get hacked on a regular basis. Friggin Adobe, you know one of the largest software companies in the world, got hacked. And it turns out they could not have had worse password storage policies if they tried.
    And a lot of these hackers aren't US based. Mostly China, India, and Russia.
    Some of the largest companies in the world have gotten hacked. Some, have already been hacked, just no one knows it yet.

speedyk Thanks this.
  4. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Adobe and Oracle/Sun Microsystems have been responsible, directly or indirectly, and, in one way or another, for 99%. what I have seen in my 25 year tech life.

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Then why aren't we hacked? Our board has crashed twice in a year for a total of two hours.
    Same with our e log.
    Why don't they steal our money then?

They biding their time waiting for the right moment?

There's hundreds of millions up for grabs, what are they waiting for?

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  6. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Closed systems that are paying customer based stand a much better chance of having someone on the backside paying attention 24/7/365.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  7. Colt6920

Colt6920 Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2017
    Hackers don't want to be noticed.
    Many never are.
    The goal of a hacker is to break in, steal what they want, and leave no trace.
    Then they can use that info in peace.
    If they are detected its national news and everyone is on high alert, and a lot of that data is now impossible to use without getting caught.
    Often times a breach is only noticed months or even years after it happens.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  8. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Crashing and being hacked are 2 different things Dave

9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    You both get yourselves a new box of foil.

Like I said, Landstar spends, I'm pretty sure it's 30% of its operating budget on I.T.

You think that's chump change?

It's the largest slice of the pie in the wheel.

It's well known I'm seeking a Co driver, must be a natural female of the species though, that looks good in a cat woman or/ and a sexy witch outfit.

The hackers haven't sent me one yet.

Had the same phone, address, everything going on 15 years.

Guess they are just biding their time, planning, calculating, waiting for that exact moment.

I'm sure your both right though, why take money when you can get someone's underwear size right?

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  10. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I spent 30 years in the insurance industry and my company had a sizable web presence with a staff of 6 in our IT department. They handled all programming to my specs, and managed SEO and server security. Every minute of every day, somebody is knocking on the back door of servers attempting to find a way in from all over the world. In the case of insurance, hackers are looking for social security numbers, birth dates and full legal names.They were never successful getting into my servers, but we had numerous layers of security protocols and we changed them frequently. Even with 6 full time people, hundreds of thousands of dollars in equipment and dedicated data truck lines to various parts of the US, the costs were never more than 2-5% of our gross operating budget. Any company paying 20-30% of their budget with payroll is doing pretty good, so anybody dumping 30% additional into IT isn't going to be in business very long if that figure is true.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  11. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    Consider yourself lucky then. I've had my info stolen numerous times over the years. It's a huge pain getting everything straight with the credit reporting agencies, banks, bills etc etc.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.