Bruce Oakley Trucking (Bulk)

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Lug-Nut, Feb 8, 2015.

1. roadawg86

roadawg86 Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2015
    MS
    End dump guys.. Did you guys go for a certain spec truck to run this division? Ratio, wheelbase, trans, etc.. Or do they require certain spec's? I see on the site hoppers I believe has a weight limit.. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. duckhead

duckhead Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2015
    No certain specs for end dump. A condo is a little tougher sometimes because of height but not very often. And usually the height just means backing in to load instead of pulling through.

roadawg86 and Shock Therapy Thank this.
  4. Lalito.1234

Lalito.1234 Light Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    irwin,il
    With end dump if yuh run NE who pays the tolls?????

5. duckhead

duckhead Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2015
    They do. They have the preparation ez pass transponder. Just check how they route you to be sure but they usually route you closest. In the past I've had them route me longer though, that way I didn't have to run 95 from DC into Connecticut and it saved them money because of toll savings

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    Reason for edit: Spelling
    Lalito.1234 Thanks this.
  6. Lalito.1234

Dec 1, 2015
    irwin,il
    Thats great!

7. Lalito.1234

Dec 1, 2015
    irwin,il
  8. Dynames

Dynames Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Here, There and Yonder
    No WB limit as far as I'm aware, just be mindful of the weight of the tractor.

Lalito.1234 Thanks this.
  9. Dynames

Apr 13, 2016
    Here, There and Yonder
    Meanwhile, at PPG in Sulphur...

10. azcardnlz

azcardnlz Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2006
    Indianapolis, IN
    Tank vs. dump. Does the higher tank rate per mile equal more weekly pay?

11. Dynames

Apr 13, 2016
    Here, There and Yonder
    I've averaged, since the first of the year, $2100 net each week. Some weeks more, some weeks nothing (breakdowns or time off, but so far I'd say three weeks off). That's $2100 a week as it comes out in my spreadsheet, moving or not.

There's some dump guys averaging more, in the neighborhood of $2800 a week, but most are right around where I'm at.

Tanks make money on long hauls (700+ loaded miles) and sitting (which we do a fair bit of). Dumps are typically shorter hauls, but take a fraction of the time to unload. What it really comes down to is taste. Yes, tanks have the ability to make more, but a lot of stars need to line up to make it so.

The only thing I don't like with tanks is being gone 3+ weeks at a time. I'm seriously second guessing it, especially of I can make the same with an end dump and be home every weekend. But end dumps make me very nervous.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.