Brutal Wrong Way Crash On Video

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Jun 29, 2018.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    what irks me to NO END, is the amount of times someone can rack up DUI's, and still not only keep a license, but keep driving even if they lose it for a time.

i think the FIRST DUI, should be the LAST one, and a total revoking of a license. not even moving to another state, should one be allowed to gain a drivers license.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Props to the camera man for a swift and safe reaction. A lot of idiots would have either crashed or just panic stopped in the middle of the highway. He reacted very well i thought.

Shamus Thanks this.
  4. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I think they should raise the limit back up to .10

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  5. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Thoughts and prayers to the young ladies family. Such a tragedy for no good reason at all.

KillingTime, NavigatorWife and Shamus Thank this.
  6. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    He was double that to be driving the wrong way in daylight. Fox news will be all over it.

7. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Sanctuary cities.

FFS!!!!!!

8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i agree, but even so, the courts basically let them get away with a lot. the judges hands are tied with what the laws are on the books.

it has to do with our elected officials, that sit on thier collective arses in the state houses, either enacting laws, or modifying them.

until those morons actually EARN the money they are paid, and LISTEN to the constituents that put them into office, it will never change.

what is equally irksome, if not MORE SO, is that in so many crashes, the drunks survive, all others get hurt, maimed or killed....

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    All this seems a bit far-fetched given the current popularity of the "penal system reform movement" that is now spreading like wild fire. To hear some talk, they want to do away with jails and prisons and harsh penalties for all crimes that don't involve the death of another i.e. they want to live in a society with no repercussions for bad behavior, or better yet, where there is no more existence of "bad behavior" ... no bad consequences for bad choices.

You can't make one behavior more acceptable and make a similar related behavior less acceptable. It sends mixed messages and you end up with still more incoherent idea of what society "should be like", and this ultimately leads to further decline of society

10. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Jails are a huge business. Try and close one and the nearby town will revolt. We are 5% of the world's population but we incarcerate 25% of the world population. There are over 4,500 felonies on the books. Fun country.

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I’m sure in some places what are felonies here barely merit a second look.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.