BTC Flat

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ramloghauler, Jan 5, 2011.

1. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    and plus 300 bucks a week to train isnt bad, it's not great for sure but you figure if someone is gonna be switching careers or whatever they will have a little bit of money saved up or be ready for a transition, looks like this company knows your time is valuable. i like it!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    thats the guy i emailed. are you training with them right now?

4. Mike'

Mike' Medium Load Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Toledo, Ohio
    I start on the 31st of January. :D

5. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    nice! keep in touch with me on the PM about how it goes, if i dont hear back from this guy i'm gonna be giving him a call for sure.

6. Mike'

Mike' Medium Load Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Toledo, Ohio
    Will do. :D

7. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    says their primary runs are mid and south west. i wonder if that'd be a problem since i live in massachusetts if they would even wanna talk to me. guess we'll find out!

8. Jonny1

Jonny1 Medium Load Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    OMD,

Yes, you just need to attend a 160 hr approved school, get your CDL and then they will train you over the road. I see they have a bunch of schools up there in your area, talking guys on here, they seem to run about $4000 - $5000. Good luck, let us know how it works out.

9. o.m.d.

o.m.d. Heavy Load Member

Aug 15, 2010
    massachusetts
    well i'll call the recruiter and ask them what their policy is. where you get that info from?

10. Jonny1

Jonny1 Medium Load Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    All the companies do that......unless they have their own school like Central Fridge or Prime, and then they make you sign a contact to pay them back for the schooling, if you dont work for them for aleast 12-18 months (which is pretty standard) then if you quit or get fired they just send you the bill for schooling......on several easy monthly payments.

P.S. There are 2 trainings you attend to be a class A driver, one is school to get your CDL A and the other is Over The Road Training, once you have been to several hours of training at a school...... What BTC is offering is OTR training only, once you have been to school. Not many companies have their own school anymore.

11. ramloghauler

ramloghauler Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Cookeville, Tn
    Jonny,

KLLM is paying new drivers .32/mile start out. Orientation is, I think, $225. They do give tuition reimbursement up to $5000, but they pay you $37.50/ week while u work there and after a year they pay the balance owed to you. If you live in Tennessee and you want to take a day or two off, you have to take your truck and leave it at the terminal in Atlanta, Ga. then drive home, take your days off, then drive back to Atlanta to get your truck.

The Challenger and Jonny1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.