Build finished

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by 24kHotshot, Oct 7, 2021.

1. 24kHotshot

24kHotshot Heavy Load Member

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    Did some online browsing, guess I'll stay with the singled out front and just shine up the rims and buy axle covers. I'm already heavily invested into the the truck and don't want to keep spending before the truck starts earning it's keep. I won't be working till the 1st of November...

Will wait with the APU till next summer.
    Just installed a 6 camera kit with a 4TB dvr and 10 inch screen.

Tried to load my 2013 E350 to see if I would have any issues with low cars... Lucky I still had my 5 foot overlay ramps that I ended up not selling.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hit the under side on the angled railing. Gonna cut a piece off and keep it one piece so if I ever have to load a trailer I can just lay it back down to guide the hitch wheel thingy. Should be perfect afterwards.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bed is 45" high with top deck all the way down and the front posts hit 11'9" almost all the way up.
    [​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Where did you get those overlay ramps? I've never seen those before. I've just been using 2x10's.

btw can't you just dump the air out of the bags to get it lower or do the tires hit the bed?

singlescrewshaker Thanks this.
  4. 24kHotshot

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    Lay-over Trailer Ramp Extensions

Price went up 50% since I bought them.
    Here is a cutout of my receipt

[​IMG]

crocky and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  5. 24kHotshot

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    The pic with the merc loaded is after dumping the air. They cut out part of the metal over the tires to let the truck lower as much as it can

crocky and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  6. jeffman164

jeffman164 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    About the angled railing hitting the underside of the car, I put a short 2 X 8 down on the deck to get the car a tad bit higher. Works for me.

24kHotshot Thanks this.
  7. 24kHotshot

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    Where would you place it on the deck? To lift the front wheels or the rear? Got a pic of how you use it?

Once I cut the part I am talking about I can put the top deck at an angle by lifting the front of it only and that eliminates the problem and can load almost anything.

This is the part stopping me from angling the top deck:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  8. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018

I gotta ask, and I don’t know jack about car hauling. Is it worth it for 2 cars?

9. jeffman164

jeffman164 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    I put the 2 X 8 on the deck to lift the front wheels. Sometimes under the back also- just depends. My deck only lifts in the rear. In your pic , I see where it would benefit you to remove the c channel for what you described. My bread and butter is hauling campers though.

24kHotshot Thanks this.
  10. 24kHotshot

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    I can get over $2 a mile easy hauling Duallies/Vans and over $2.50 a mile for a couple of sedans. By my calculations the third unit I picked up usually sucked price wise and added hours to my load going to pick it up and dropping off.
    This truck is built to haul 80k lbs, I don't know if I will ever reach 40k so I it will have an easy life and hopefully last me a million miles.
    The Ram was very uncomfortable to sleep in for more than 3-4 nights. Struggled with anything over 32k lbs and would probably start giving me problems soon. The freightliner is giving me 11.5 mpg avg with that minivan, wheels and a bunch of metal parts they took off. The ram barely gives me 11 empty.
    Being only 40 ft long I can get into tight places easily and can park in bobtail spots.
    On top of all that I got a smoking deal on the truck. I have already gotten an offer for 20k on top of what I already put in it. Same exact truck on facebook, same year, same build, engine, trans ect... was asking for $110k with 400k miles on it. I only have 80k miles on mine.

I can always hook up a 25 ft car trailer or pull power only loads for small boats/rvs if I wanted to and get into $4 a mile territory and still never reach my registered 46k gvwr.

Yea, its worth it.

11. 24kHotshot

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    I'll throw a couple 2x8s in the truck and see how it works out for me.
    I might look into hauling campers later on just to see if I like it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.