Build finished

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by 24kHotshot, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Planning the work and working the plan.

24kHotshot Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 24kHotshot

24kHotshot Heavy Load Member

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    I heard MO trailers and shipshe might not be building haul and tow rigs anymore.
    Only one left I know of is Absolute Fabrication and haven't seen one with a lift coming out of their shop.

4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Pretty neat. Don't see that sort of thing every day.

At 11 mpg you're probably already burning less fuel than a 1 ton truck and trailer. Hardly ever managed to break into double digits with any of the F-550's I've driven. 4.88 rears screaming along at over 2,000 RPM isn't exactly great for economy.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. Itsbrokeagain

Itsbrokeagain Light Load Member

May 31, 2019
    truck looked wicked! Where are you based out of? LI?

24kHotshot Thanks this.
  6. 24kHotshot

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    Thanks, NYC

Itsbrokeagain Thanks this.
  7. 24kHotshot

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    I cut the piece off. Now looking for matching primer to keep from rusting.
    Now I think loading will be easier, tomorrow I will verify. I can finally angle the top ramp to almost match the tail's angle and can load low vans without angling the top deck.
    Also, used this magic spray that cleaned up the singled out rims without scrubbing. Spray on, wait a minute and pressure wash.
    Almost ready to hit the road!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  8. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Just out of curiosity what do they rate that rear hitch at? Also I see the they put air glad hands at the back...never seen that before on a H/T truck and not sure when those would be needed. Is the 7-way plug an RV style one with the flat blades or semi-truck style one with round prongs? I assume they installed an electric trailer brake controller also somewhere in the cab?

9. 24kHotshot

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    I asked them to leave the glad hands on the rear bumper even though I only needed one, the trailer air. I have a 50 ft air hose with a glad hand connecter to fill up tires. Managed to get all the tires to 100 psi, probably can get them to 120 on the truck. Can also let the air out of tires of loaded vehicles if I need a couple inches to be legal and then refill them before unloading.
    Rear hitch I think they told me 10k, I am not sure.
    It's a 7 way RV style plug both on the truck near the loading lights and on the bumper. Yes there is an electric brake controller installed in the cab.

10. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Oh okay, that's clever idea. The plug they put on the truck near the loading lights is usually just a dummy plug that turns on the running lamps for the one loaded on the truck.

The receiver is probably rated for more than that but the actual hitch you decide to use in it will likely be the limiting factor. Not very likely you'd be hooking anything heavier than 10k to the back anyway. I think these are cool:

Shocker Hitch® - Air Ride Towing Products

I might have to try me one of those if get to feeling rich again.

11. 24kHotshot

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    Finally got to load 2 units on my truck today to get an idea what fits.
    13'2" at highest point Odyssey minivan + 13 E350. Could have moved minivan back another foot and dropped the deck a few more inches.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.