bulk hauling in northeast

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by RubberDown, Aug 7, 2012.

1. RubberDown

RubberDown Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2012
    small town usa
    Been driving a couple years now and was thinking of looking into running open tops of some kind, most likely hauling trash living in the middle of NY state. Could anyone tell me what they know about the bigger companies like wecare and mbi, I also know Karl Johnson runs alot here and that they're owned by mbi. Any other company suggestions our advice is more than welcome

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    Just responding so I get updates. As I'm also looking for info on we care

4. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    Ready for a change?

5. scooter123

scooter123 Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Binghamton, ny
    Ricelli is out by syracuse, the pull out of oneonta and binghamton, and for the life of me i cant think of the other ones, look in jersey and down by middletown ny area, i know they all run 88, 90, and rt 17. I grew up in milford, richfields right down the read...

6. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    Just thinking lol

7. RubberDown

RubberDown Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2012
    small town usa
    Well was thinking about Karl Johnson, but now that mbi bought santaro when they got shut down and had Karl Johnson put their tags on most of santaro's pos freightliners, I don't really want to end up going down the road in one of those.

8. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    try goulett trucking main office is in south deerfield MA, they have dumps, live floors, and low beds, with newer Kwhopper and big hood petes

9. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    Bulk hauling does not equal trash hauling....that's a smelly gig of its own with a distinct culture. Some bulk haulers haul trash also, but there are quite a few that don't. Most have pneumatic hoppers, end dumps, walking floors, or similar equipment. Here's a few I see around on a regular basis...

Lyn H Scott, Blossvale NY - pneumatics and dumps
    Riccelli, Syracuse NY - pneumatics, dumps, walking floors, I think some trash hauling here also. See them a lot in NE PA doing oilfield work
    Goulet - don't know about these guys except NICE trucks. see them on the Masspike all the time usually passing everyone
    Page, Weedsport NY - dumps and walking floors, lots of crossborder judging by how many I see at Niagara area crossings

10. rbht

rbht Heavy Load Member

Jan 23, 2010
    CT,NH
    MBI IMO is a bunch of dirt bags and so are there trucks and trailers. See them in ME alot and when they leave the rest area there is allways a pile of trash by where there trucks where parked. I run rt17 alot and must of the trucks i see hauling open tops or dumps are beat to hell, there are a few nice ones but not many. I ran trash and demo when i 1sr started over 20years ago and i would never do it again. You would be better of finding a company that hauls dirty dirt or ag bulk. Can also try Price or Paige both out of NY.

Ruthless Thanks this.
  11. Buffalo69

Buffalo69 Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2012
    There's a company named M&T Trucking out of Pavilion, NY. They have small terminals all over New York State. They got alot of nice equipment: mostly Peterbilts. And they haul a large assortment of bulk stuff: scrap metal, garbage, and tankers full of pig bile coming up from North Carolina going into Canada, and alot more. They pay by percentage, too. It's not for me because I'd rather haul food grade products that don't scare me; pig bile and fuel scare the crap out of me. I don't know what's worse: the thought of blowing up or waking up covered in pig bile. But they're a good company if you're interested. Really.

RubberDown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.