Bulk transportation owner operators

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by A&h, Jun 1, 2011.

1. A&h

A&h Bobtail Member

May 16, 2011
    Los Angeles ca
    Any info on bulk transportation owner operators

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BIGMIKE1

BIGMIKE1 Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Missouri
    what do you want to know?

4. A&h

A&h Bobtail Member

May 16, 2011
    Los Angeles ca
    I wanted to know what's the slow season like for them.overall I heard alot good things about them with the rates and how they keep you running all the time.can you please tell me anything about that I'm thinking of applying I just want to know a little bit about the company before I go and buy my truck. Thank you for the reply

5. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    I would not base buying a truck on a company. Thats not a good idea. Just my .02

6. BIGMIKE1

BIGMIKE1 Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Missouri
    Im not sure what sector of bulk your talking about, but i pull hopper O.T.R, and the rates have been the worst ive seen compared to the price of fuel. If you want more information on bulk theres alot of information on bulkloadsnow.com website forum.

7. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011

...and how else are you going to know how to spec your truck? Not all trucks are created equal...got to know what the truck is going to be asked to do before you can possibly have any idea how to set it up.

Not only that, but there may be age restrictions, etc. which would also play a role in finding the right truck that you'd never know unless you talk to the carrier BEFORE you buy the truck.

Before you buy a truck, you have to find a truck that fits the job.
    Once you have the truck, you have to find a job that fits the truck.

Not really saying one way is better than the other...depends upon the individual's situation. For me, I was a company driver...then bought a truck to do the job and made the switch to O/O with the same carrier. It is spec'd for exactly what I'm doing. If I were to take my truck elsewhere, I would either have to find a job doing similar type work, or I'd have to spend money changing the truck's spec's in order to better suit the new job.

8. A&h

A&h Bobtail Member

May 16, 2011
    Los Angeles ca
    Thanks for the reply guys. I've talked to bulk already about what kind of truck I'm going to need. As long as the truck does not exceed 13 feet I should be fine is what they told me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.