Bulkmatic, as it happens...

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Suspect Zero, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Halestorm is great, and Lzzy is HOT. I haven't been chewed out yet, but sooner or later it will probably happen.

Bonus track for ya but you'll need to Google it, definitely would get pulled here.

Theory of a Deadman, Bad Girlfriend is the song title.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steelersjunkie

Steelersjunkie Road Train Member

May 26, 2016
    Good tune. My favorites by them are Lowlife and The Truth Is (I Lied About Everything).

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  4. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    Just for kicks, I listened to every single Halestorm song in my library. Nope, can't post a single one. Good looks and a potty mouth. I think I'm in love :biggrin_2559:

Roberts450 and Suspect Zero Thank this.
  5. Suspect Zero

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    So I'm running a little behind with the weekly thing, this is first time been home since Friday morning and I don't travel with a laptop. There's barely room for me and the regular stuff I want to have on hand in a day cab.

As has been the norm as of late, not to much to report. With the exception of getting hung out to the tune of about 7 hours over the course of the last week waiting for room in silos it has been pretty smooth.

Been doing all pre-loaded trailers. I know there is more money once you get decent at loading, which I am not, I've only loaded 3 trailers since I went out on my own, but personally I'd rather stick with the pre-loaded. I got to a point a few years ago where money isn't the be all/end all in a job and loading just isn't something I care to do everyday. Don't get me wrong, it's the job, and I do what is needed of me for it so I won't be complaining when I have to load, even if it's a daily thing, just isn't really my gig.

Regular dispatcher was on vacation this week and his fill in tossed me a load going to about 30 minutes South of Cleveland Friday. Didn't have enough hours to get there and back so ended up in a hotel overnight, but it nice to click off 637 miles in a day, I haven't done that in a while, I miss the drive.

On the flip side I'm glad this weekend is over, especially today, traffic has been total ####, you'd swear it was the mass exodus and the last one out the door gets stuck with the check. Glad holiday cluster is finally over.

Anyway... for the week of 6/24/18 to 6/30/18 had 11 loads, 826 total miles, used 63.5 of my 70 and grossed $1409, or $22.19/hour.

@Steelersjunkie

Was great to talk and catch up brother. As soon as I get all my old man doctor appointments and test done we will figure out when to meet up and get in trouble.... I mean have a soda pop and help old ladies across the street.... yeah, that's the one I mean, forget that first one. Maybe if we're lucky the stars will align and we will be able to hook up @Goobr54 too. I would think I had a decent chance of seeing him in passing this last few days. If I saw 1 Millis truck coming around 294 thru Gary in either direction I saw at least 100. I swear man, it was like being at a rolling terminal.

And since you brought up Lzzy last week and I've had women on the brain anyway we are going to stick with women. I have a couple female founded bands and a few bands I really like with female leads that I don't think would survive with a change in vocals, so lets head in that direction for a bit.

First offering is the latter, a band I just couldn't see with another singer.

Caterpillar6nz and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. Suspect Zero

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    I forgot, had something happen last week that hasn't happened to me since 2000.... a paid holiday.

Felt weird....

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  7. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    Whoa... I approve. I'm going home in a couple days, I'll definitely be diving into that band on Spotify. And yeah, man, lemme know when it's a good time and I'll schedule a run going to your area. Or picking up from your area, either way. I don't typically get over there, as I'm allergic to tolls lol. I avoid 80/90 and 294 like the plague. Haven't been on either of those once in this truck.

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  8. Suspect Zero

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    ####, for all the hassle of traffic the last week with the holiday falling on a Wednesday today was just the opposite. Made good time getting down to Walton, KY this morning but had to wait there for the guy I was swapping trailers with longer then anticipated because he got stuck behind an accident on a 2 lane.

Swapped trailers, pulled out of the J in Walton with 5 hours and 12 minutes left on my clock figuring I'd be camping out in a hotel tonight, covered the 318 miles back to the yard with 16 minutes left to spare. I won't get use to that, generally I hate running 65 and anywhere close to Cincinnati because it never goes well.

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  9. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    You know where I am,,,,,errrrr, maybe ya don't. You, @Steelersjunkie and I might get into trouble. Sounds like a blast to me.

Steelersjunkie Thanks this.
  10. Suspect Zero

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    Jesus man, I barely know where I am most of the time, how am I suppose to know where you are?

Are you wireless now? Give me a call when you have time please.

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  11. Steelersjunkie

May 26, 2016
    Sir, I believe that'll be a bail money situation for sure.

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.