Bull crap

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Jgreen, Jul 8, 2018.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I hate that term second chance. It implies they made one error. In the very vast majority of the cases, it's not one error. It's getting caught once. They made the same mistake multiple times and didn't care until they got caught.
    And even then, they likely made several hundred, to several thousand poor decisions to keep them in the lifestyle that led up to the felony. Hanging our with "friends" that casually robbed. Hanging with "friends" that did drugs. Hanging with "friends" that... well, you get the idea.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    2 things,

First the highlighted part is fact whether you want to believe it or not.

Secondly regarding the woman part,
    I've already been married, 2 kids, been there done that. Bluntly I'd never get remarried again. Not worth it. Everyone wants to claim equality and all that happy BS until unhappily ever after. Then your stuck paying for your own stuff again.

Even if you hire a lawyer, get original judgement, and obey with the court order, some crooked judge will want an administrative review every 3 years to see how big of a stick they can cram it to you where the sun don't shine.

Only 3 women I care anything for on this planet are my mother, and my daughters.

Yes I'm salty and bitter.

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    many of us have been thru at least ONE marriage, but this thread was about hiring ex-cons, and as so for the poster to add that into this discussion is unwarranted. that's who (if you noticed) i was replying to.

5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    but would you still hire one, if YOU owned a business that had a cash register and expensive equipment, or freight?

again, i was IN that position, did it, and got burnt...never again.

until someone actually OWNS his/her business, all others are unaware of the actual consequences involved. some here responding are former cons, that found a way to better themselves, at someone's "willingness" to give them another try......and they succeeded.

but ONCE burnt, is ONCE LEARNT.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    born&raisedintheusa and 06driver Thank this.
  6. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    No I understand what you posted. I agree with the insurance part for sure, just the way it is.

Tried to multiple quote the gentleman that said part about women. Didn't qoute it obviously.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  7. fltrucker70

fltrucker70 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Sorry you had such a bad experience. I HAVE owned and ran my own company sir. My brother and I had a construction and heavy haul business for several years near Wooster, OH. Over half our workforce was ex cons and for every ONE that was a bad apple, we had FOUR that were top notch. Everyone has a story and not all people with a record are bad people, people make mistakes they regret in life. Like I said sorry you were burned and yes you are entitled to your opinion and I'm entiled to mine. Will always give second chances because even though I'm not a felon, I know what it's like to make mistakes and have regret.

8. Gulf

Gulf Medium Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Little did I know, my neighbor was filing false police reports against me. She would accuse of me stalking, parking my car next to hers, parking my pickup in an "aggressive stance," following her to the mailbox, etc. I had no idea she was suffering from these delusions.

But she kept calling me a drug dealer also. She would come outside everyday and shout aloud that I'm a drug dealer and God should destroy me. She filed for a protective order against me which would have been dismissed outright, but she had been making all these police reports so it made it look real.

So I had to get a lawyer, and go through all this and did have the protective order defeated and dismissed and then I filed a suit against her for defamation. I say all this just to say some people are falsely accused of stuff. This woman could have made up some lie and I could have been arrested.

And this is a condo, a lot of complicating factors. But I did sell it and didn't tell the new owners. I would have never sold it if I did. But they both filed and got protective orders against this woman.

mjd4277, Lab work and MBAngel Thank this.
  9. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    I confirmed earlier that Millis does urine only.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    What a psycho. Hope you live in a better place now Gulf.

mjd4277 and Gulf Thank this.
  11. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    Years ago I met an ex con who was hired as a company driver. He saved his money and bought an IH 4070 project truck. I helped him get it running. He was a great friend over 20 years. His mistake: He quit trucking got student loans, an AA and a BA in computer technology, went to work for a national company. . He spent the rest of his life mired by the student loan debt. Eventually he committed suicide.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.