Bull haulers/Cattle haulers doing 80-90mph

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by poongdool, Feb 5, 2021.

1. 650cat425

650cat425 Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2020
    Pennsyltucky
    Funny... it showed up on mine too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    You guys need to change some settings on your phone and google accounts so the #### tech will quit spying on you.... I used to get ironic stuff like that popping up in various feeds... Then I changed a bunch of setting to quit sharing data, guess what... No more ironic stuff popping up... These #### phones spy on you, the question tho is it just harmless suggestions or is it snooping and sharing other personal data????

Coffey, autopaint, Badmon and 11 others Thank this.
  4. 650cat425

650cat425 Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2020
    Pennsyltucky
    See, this is why I hate technology and also wish I knew more about it. That type of stuff pisses me off to no end.

5. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Get on youtube and search "how to make my phone stop spying on me"... That will get you started, from there other related videos will show up below videos you choose to watch. Try to find a particular channel that seems trust worthy that has alot of tech stuff that makes sense without being all conspiratorial... The good tech channels give you facts and leave opinions out of it.

6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Looks like seale livestock. Seen that truck a time or 2 . Them boys move

7. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    I use to think those cups of cuban coffee in Miami would keep a guy up. Until a bull hauler gave me a tooth pick years ago.

The U.S. Government should have issued those tooth picks in Iraq & Afghanistan. Some ppl would still be alive today if they didn't fall asleep behind those wheels.

Brettj3876 Thanks this.
  8. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    I hauled pigs for 4 years or so full time, part time for many more. Only hauled fat cattle twice.

You do need to keep moving when its hot out but 60 mph vs 80mph isn't gonna make a difference.

You do want to limit the time the animals are on the trailer, but if you are hauling to a kill plant you usually have a dock time. And unless you are hauling a long ways 5 or 10 mph doesn't make that much of a time difference.

If hauling fat cattle for sure, and maybe yearlings or feeders you do need to stop and do load checks every now and then. If a fat sits down or goes down that can be bad. Fat hogs doesn't matter.

A lot of guys pulling bullracks haul butt because they can and maybe they are in a big hurry, but do you know what kind of mileage a peterbilt pulling a bullrack at 85mph get for fuel economy? It ain't gonna be pretty. Granted my trucks has 3:73 rears but if I was running 75 on a calm night you could hear that sucker coming from miles away and I'd probably be getting 3 mpg..

ajax1337, Coffey, BoostedTeg and 8 others Thank this.
  9. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    There are some type of trucks out here that I've never seen pulled over. No matter what type of cop it is. Or how fast the truck was going. I've never seen them in any scale house. Or ag station either.

Nascar team haulers
    Network TV haulers
    Bull Haulers
    Stage equipment haulers for a singer on tour
    Or sheriff or police departments that have trucks(im sure they can break what ever laws they want)

Hell I remember getting passed by 3 nascar teams some years back. Its like they were racing to the next track!!!

Why can't the DOT treat all of us like nascar team trucks?

I also find it crazy how companies are always talking safety safety and safety. Claiming anything over 60, 62, or 65 is too fast even when going down hill. But none of us have ever heard of any nascar team truck having a wreck and they do 80+ in city traffic!!!

Coffey, RockinChair and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  10. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    It’s probably because they’re too scared to look at their phones. If everyone drove 90-100 they might cut the wrecks in half lol.

11. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    I'd also add i hauled livestock with some darn good drivers who could truck it up all day and night but I also worked with plenty of worthless no minds too. Lots of young guys wanna do it and think they can be outlaws but quickly find out they aren't cut out for it.

w9l, Coffey, Badmon and 7 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.