Bunk Lights Inop on 2010 WS 4900

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by RdGeigerllc, Mar 30, 2017.

1. RdGeigerllc

RdGeigerllc Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2017
    All my Bunk Lights are out on my 2010 Western Star 4900.......I have located Front Fuse Panel next to the Glove Box.....and No Fuse for the Bunk Lights....Can anyone tell me where the Location is for the Fuse for the Bunk Lights, Please.....Thank You in Advance....Bobby

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cetane+

Cetane+ Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Albany, NY
    Not to be a smart ###, but is the switch on the dash on also?

4. RDGeiger

RDGeiger Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2017
    There is no power to the Switch, either on the Dash in the Cab, nor to the Switch in the Sleeper.....

5. Cetane+

Cetane+ Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Albany, NY
    Can't the dealer tell you what fuse location supplies power to that. Then order the sticker for the inside cover that tells you What all the fuses go to.

6. RDGeiger

RDGeiger Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2017
    My Dealer cant tell me the location of that Fuse Panel....Ive already asked, that's why Im here....... The panel beside the glove box does not have a bunk light fuse.....So, Im still searching ....

7. d{xx}b

d{xx}b Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Canada
    My 2014, 4900 with the bed ,table setting has a little black metal box underneath the left hand side part of the bed where the fuse for the sleeper lights are placed, hope that helps

8. RDGeiger

RDGeiger Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2017
    I will look at mine in the Morning! Thank You!

9. ex mercer contractor

ex mercer contractor Bobtail Member

May 15, 2016

10. ex mercer contractor

ex mercer contractor Bobtail Member

May 15, 2016
    Drivers side under bed next to low voltage disconnect is a box that had my sleeper light fuse in it when mine went out

11. Mythandar

Mythandar Bobtail Member

May 18, 2016
    They don't do a good job of documenting that your sleeper fuses can be under the bed. It's the black box with 2 torx screws on the top for the cover, remove that and you'll find your fuses there.

I'm surprised that the dealership didn't know where it was. Unless it's one of those freightliner dealerships and sell stars on the side, they don't get much experience with the stars. Went to training in portland with a few technicians that work in a dealership like that, they work on a star once a months, if that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.