Burleson Terminal

Discussion in 'Millis' started by stevenneill, Nov 19, 2013.

1. stevenneill

stevenneill Medium Load Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    Got 372 miles left and a run in the morning from Trenton to New Jersey, that will end out my miles, now just need to get tested out this weekend and hopefully be in my own truck by Friday. Its a little frustrating because I need to make hometime by the 26th for family issues. I'm running out of time to get my hometime request in and get it all worked out. Gonna send a message to Pat in the morning to explain my situation and see if he can work it out so that I can be home when I need to be, but as of tomorrow my miles are finished

There have been a lot of frustrations...mostly because I am not really a great people person, and dealing with such an enclosed space with two people gets on my nerves after a while. Personality conflicts, time constraints, family stress, money issues, all these things build up after a while. I'm ready to be out on my own. Ready for this to be done.

I like Millis Transfer. Its a good company. You hear some negative things but one thing I've learned is that many people are not happy unless they are complaining about something. Thats just the way it is. So I choose not to listen to the negative and focus mostly on the good. I enjoy the job, I enjoy the life, I enjoy the travel, but as for the pay...I don't mind saying, training pay sucks. I'll post more later.

twistedsmoke Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Steven, chill, breathe and understand it all comes with time. From what I read of you, you're serious and will be a good driver. But it comes with time. But not being a people person? Perfect profession! Lol. And Millis will work with you to get home. I remember my days there. Good people. Just remember to keep cool and be patient. Good drivers get theirs. They always do.

stevenneill Thanks this.
  4. shane13080

shane13080 Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2012

Actually tried looking it up by your name last night and couldn't find you. I'll try again tonight. Why am I using your email for?

5. twistedsmoke

twistedsmoke Light Load Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Clarksville, Tn
    Type his email in the search bar instead of his name. It will pull him right up.

6. shane13080

shane13080 Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2012
    oh, ok, didn't know that trick. I actually found him last night.

7. stevenneill

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    Well. Latest update. I have my first real negative thing to say about the company. I finished my miles yesterday. Today my trainer calls the dispatcher to get him to find an empty truck and get me routed to test out. Dispatcher tells him there are NO available trucks. So because we know of at least 17 students out with trainers we ask why. Dispatch says its because Millis is anticipating a sizeable driver loss after bonuses...so I'm like WTF! SERIOUSLY?! Ive struggled fhrough this only to get told there are no trucks. Now once I test out my pay stops until they vacate one...but what gets me even more is the message that gives the drivers. There is no clearer way to say we dont care if you quit than this.

8. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Could the positive side be that they are being honest Steven? Just a thought. Millis does care about you and whether you quit...stay with them long enough and you will see. I think a truck will come along quicker than you think...and hey at least they aren't saying..."We have plenty of brand new 680's that you can lease!"

9. stevenneill

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    Yeah...maybe that is a bright side...but meanwhile I'll test out and sit on my butt making no money until someone quits. It seems to me that they should create incintives to make thier drivers stay...buy new trucks for them and pass the used ones to students like me.

10. eurotrash

eurotrash Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Lawrenceville,Ga
    That's pretty disturbing to us soon to be students... keep us updated Steven. When are those bonuses due?

Ga Dawg141 Thanks this.
  11. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Steven. Be still young (older than me) man. Honesty is a good thing. And so is no empty trucks at the moment. No empty trucks at a sizable company like Millis means they are doing something right. Remember. They took a chance on you and trained you. You're in good hands. :)

stevenneill Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.