Burleson Terminal

Discussion in 'Millis' started by stevenneill, Nov 19, 2013.

1. dmgabe

dmgabe Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Centralia, IL
    When that happens I will worry about it. If they were simply on a mission to screw over drivers, they could do it much easier and without the cost of installing and monitoring cameras. I've had it for nearly a year and haven't lost my safety bonus yet. In all that time I've gotten messages about camera clips 3 times and they were simply you were in served doing this and you should be doing this. All 3 times were things I should have rightly been called out for. Never a mean spirited or snarky message, always straight forward.

The clips in this system are categorized into 4 types. The only thing they really care about are cat 3 or 4. About all they could fault me for on 90% of the events from my camera are singing poorly at loud volumes along with the radio.

Believe be it or not, not every company out there has the singular goal of screwing over their drivers.

dennisroc and stevenneill Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dmgabe

dmgabe Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Centralia, IL
    And sorry about the typos in my posts. Doing this from my phone.

4. stevenneill

stevenneill Medium Load Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    I'm glad someone with actual experience with it finally chimed in. Thanx. All the doomsayers with absolutely no experience with the cameras was getting old.

dennisroc Thanks this.
  5. dmgabe

dmgabe Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Centralia, IL
    There is no shortage of truckers ready to pi$$ and moan about any given topic regardless of their knowledge about it. You will start to notice if you haven't already that you tend to see the same
    handful of guys hanging at the terminals complaining about miles, or on the phone with dispatch saying they won't take this load or that. They only want those 1000 mile drop and hook loads. Take what they give you, always be on time and stay out of trouble and they will run you just fine.

Cooper09, stevenneill and dennisroc Thank this.
  6. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX

Your camera seems very sensitive to the one my trainer has in his truck. I do drive for Melton but my trainer and I have been driving with a camera two weeks and it has gone off once. I've dumped the clutch a few times and after dropping a 45k load and pulling out empty the brakes worked really well lol but no critical event. It has gone off once and the trainer was driving. Is your camera mounted well? Good luck with it.

dennisroc Thanks this.
  7. dmgabe

dmgabe Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Centralia, IL
    Might be different systems. Millis uses SmartDrive. They may also be able to set how sensitive they are and Melton has just chosen a higher threshold for the triggers. Mine is mainly only overly sensitive when turning. Taking a turn even at well below what most would consider a reasonable speed will trip it half the time.

8. db2681

db2681 Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Dayton,OH
    Never lost a safety bonus over a hard braking error, only time I knew a driver to lose the bonus was when Millis had to cut a check to someone else.

stevenneill Thanks this.
  9. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    image.jpg Ours says drivecam. But you're right though different manufacturer and settings. I know I'm in the minority but the camera is nice because when a Millis or a Melton is in an accident people try to hit the lottery by suing even when it's their fault. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to turn the pic on my phone.

10. sapamil

sapamil Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Middletown Ohio
    I don,t have the camera in my truck at first when Millis started the program my attitude was noway in hell but I have changed my mind I am all for the cameras now not real crazy abt the camera on the driver but if I,m doing something stupid and get called out on it well guess what I deserved it after all my name is not on the side of the truck

Army91W and stevenneill Thank this.
  11. K.P.

K.P. Bobtail Member

May 10, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Hey Steven,

Have been reading the Millis forum for a few days now, and worked through your thread last night. I really enjoyed it and wanted to thank you for putting your time and energy into it. A few times you mentioned that you weren't sure if anyone was reading it or getting anything useful out of it. I can assure you, people have been and will continue to do so! Especially those of us who are looking at getting into trucking as a career, and who found their way to this forum one way or another. So again, just wanted to say thanks.

Specifically, though, I wanted to ask you if you've ever regretted this decision and was wondering if you might give us some insight as to why you chose to pursue OTR.

I've only been looking into trucking as a new career for a few weeks now, but it seems as though most people people fresh to the business and going through CDL school are making about 30-40k per year with the larger carriers. It also seems as though most guys have to go OTR for at least the first year or so. To me, being offered regional at a guaranteed $800 per week on your first day of CDL school seems kinda too good to be true. Any insight as to why you turned it down, and if there is more to that deal than what you presented here, would be really helpful.

Again, I really enjoyed this thread and appreciate the time you put into it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.