Burris Logistics or Saddle Creek?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Kstrong86, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Kstrong86

Kstrong86 Medium Load Member

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Merry Christmas to all my fellow drivers.

I currently received an offer from an offer from both. Home every day and both guaranteed a minimum $900 a week. Work five days a week with two days off with the option to work more if available and earn more if I wanted to. Wanted to get some insight on these two companies if possible if anybody has work for these guys. I live in Orlando, if that helps. Burris would be in Orlando, FL and Saddle Creek is in Lakeland, FL. They are both no touch freight one with Burris is reefer and Saddle is dry and both driving at night I believe. Which doesn’t bother me. If I left out anything please let me know thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do you need healthcare & other benefits package?
    If you do, go with the one that has the best benefits package.

Kstrong86 Thanks this.
  4. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Well right now I have the benefits through the reserves but that will run out when they discharge me so obviously I will go with the one that has the best benefit package. But I didn’t want that to be the only decision because I do have bills to pay as well. So I wanted to make sure those get covered as well. But also wanted to hear some pros and cons about the two companies. Burris has the better benefits package it seems like. But I may be able to make more at saddle creek and the benefits there are about 150 a week too. Just to give you an idea.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Maybe get some supplemental health, dental, vision benefits through www.usaa.com
    I see your point, weighing the pay & benefits with a balance that fits your needs.
    I used to pick up loads at Saddle Creek in Lakeland. I think the loads were usually "Juicy-Juice" and a bit heavy. Good bunch of people working there and always treated the outside carrier drivers with respect.

Kstrong86 Thanks this.
  6. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Great advice. Will look into usaa. Thanks

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    USAA is for military veterans and their families. Great outfit to deal with.

Kstrong86 Thanks this.
  8. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Yes I use to bank with them and have car insurance with back in the day. I switch back to navy federal like ten years ago and been with them since. Usaa is a great company.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    This may or may not matter to you but from what I've seen, with Burris, you will drive a diesel-powered sleeper tractor and with Saddle Creek, you may end up with a CNG-powered daycab tractor.

Kstrong86 Thanks this.
  10. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    I won’t be in a sleeper with Burris. I’m in a day cab with Burris. Saddle creek they told me about the CNG- powered day cab. Never been in those before. That will be interesting.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  11. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Can't say I've seen a Burris daycab. Probably have, just haven't paid close enough attention to the name on the door. I see their sleeper trucks all of the time between ATL and ORL and other points in Florida.

Kstrong86 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.