Butler Transport (the good and the bad)

Discussion in 'Butler' started by KE5WDP, Sep 23, 2010.

1. N4TWZ

N4TWZ Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Mount Airy, NC
    Well, I'm on my 27th day here at Butler, so far so good, only two complaints I have are 1) home time, 2days for 2weeks work sux, 2) I seem to be their favorite to run the northern tier (I90) cause that's where I've been since day 1. I'd like to see something more southern, but it seems the "old timers" here get the longer southern and southwestern routes.

KE5WDP Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Digit

Digit Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Ohio
    one day for each week out is fairly normal in the industry. i - 90 sux. too much traffic and other crap. hard to make time and money running the north east. volunteer for runs to maine. good miles from just about anywhere in the country.

4. giants14701

giants14701 Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Jamestown,ny
    does butler force NYC and do they tell you where to fuel? what are there trucks govered at?

5. TDriver4Life

TDriver4Life Medium Load Member

Giants- sorry to hear about your terrible experience with Indian River. Go to You Tube and type in KE5WDP. This guy drives for Butler and give his take on Butler. This should answer some of your questions.

copperoad Thanks this.
  6. N4TWZ

N4TWZ Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Mount Airy, NC
    They do not force NYC, we fuel at pilot-flying j but they don't fuel route you, you get fuel when and wherever you need it, trucks are governed to 65, but that really doesn't bother me even though I haven't been in a governed truck in over 15 years. You find out just how few trucks actually run over 65 when that's all you can do, not many.

7. twowolves

twowolves Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Ohio
    am with Butler also-for fueling you have a TCH card and Comdata for when you need fuel and no pilot/flyj.You run your own routes which is nice-have a qcomm navigation which is pretty decent.Run all over really-havent been to WA,ID or OR but otherwise have covered all the states.
    They keep you preplanned and is really great to know where you are going in advance and the miles are there-you just gotta know how to manage your time to get them all run and make ontime del & drops.
    Best company I have worked for in a long time.

8. fallinangel

fallinangel Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Branford Florida
    do they hire out of florida

9. fallinangel

Dec 30, 2010
    Branford Florida
    Im surprised you havent gottin a ticket for obstruction of view with all the stuff piled up on the dash

10. fallinangel

Dec 30, 2010
    Branford Florida
    there three day rule is made cause if that truck is just settin it aint makein money

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.