Buying a older truck

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Smarttim21, Jun 27, 2015.

1. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    And here is what you aren't getting. Trucks on the road today will not become illegal, nor will they be required to do any sort of retrofitting. That mandate will ONLY apply to brand new trucks built street the mandated date.

rank Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Smarttim: I see your post turned into a different discussion but back to your question look at posts from Night Wind Nov. 2006 or Jamar Weston Sun-5:31. Not meaning to put out your fire but help you prepare and or make a good decision. Many people go into business for themselves, make more money than they have ever seen and spend it just as quickly. Then when their truck breaks down they cannot afford to fix it , make new house and or car payments, etc. Take care of the truck and hopefully it will take care of you. I am currently putting a 1989 9370 with a bad engine back together but it is not my soul source of income. Old trucks can be like a boat ( a hole in the water to through money into) it 's been running fine just needs a little TLC. Three motor mount bushings, clutch, p/s hoses, fuel injection pump, exhaust pipe, turbo, and the newsed engine is not even in the frame yet. Some of the newer trucks have put many people out of business as well. Thank harder then you work and be conservative.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.