Buying requirements

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by branj5257, Jul 10, 2018.

1. branj5257

branj5257 Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Is there a certain number of years you have to have under your belt (CDL A) to purchase a truck? Can anyone help with best practice when purchasing?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Maj. Jackhole

Maj. Jackhole Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2017
    If you have to ask you are not ready.

4. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Nope you can lease purchase or operate from day 1 at most carriers.

Why you ask?

Because they want you to pay most of their bills and be left with a few pennies afterward. But you will think your in controll until you lose your house, your wife, your car, and your dog.

Slowpoke KW and Maj. Jackhole Thank this.
  5. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Some have actually thrived doing the lease route, not many and they had to live for that truck and play the companies games that you lease with. If you go that route you can not have a thin skin, they will tear it off of you and wallpaper their cubicle with it. If you have cash anyone will take your money, running legal will be your biggest chore with permits, maintenance and legal fees running you into the ground.

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  6. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    A lease purchase is equivalent to a loan shark high interest loan. However IF you can manage your money. You can do as well, or almost as well. As another driver who bought the same year, make and model truck from dealer.
    The difference is every month your weekly lease purchase payments. Will equal about 2 months of the other drivers payments.
    UNLESS he has bad credit and is paying a super high interest rate. So if one has no money for down payment or credit to get financed. It sometimes is the way to go, pay dues, take your lumps. Straighten you self out, pay your bills on time improve your credit save save save. Then in a year or so reached a your situation. I nmo more people who completed and own their truck. Than those who failed, but I'm a bedbugger not a freight hauler

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Oh no! Not the dog. Say it ain't so.

Dave_in_AZ and Oldironfan Thank this.
  8. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Yep. I seen it. Repo man came in, boxed ol' Blue right up, and put him in his truck. Sheriff was with him, nothin' I could do......

9. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    When I started my business the place I got my truck financed wanted to see a solid 2 years of experience, but money talks so if you got a lil money to blow then I'm sure you can start with no experience

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.