buying used

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by francesco, Apr 1, 2007.

1. francesco

francesco Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2007
    roselle, il
    give me time and we'll compare paycheck with paycheck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA

here's where you compared "apples to oranges"..........cars/trucks. the experience is different for each vehicle. but of course, you "know it all, you're a trucking school student, who just passed a pre-trip inspection test".....

you should be comparing owner-operator to another owner-operator.

again, i am right, you don't know what YOU are talking about........

4. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

francesco,
    pro1 and I are not tryin to dimiss your dream, we're trying to help you out in the long run...where it counts. I just bought my first truck and its a 96 kw t600. the only reasons i am as confertable in this purchase as i are #1 I know the previous owner thru a friend of mine and know how well the truck was taken care of and #2 i was formally an ASE master certified diesel technition, but even with that most of the work done to the truck will be done by someone else because i cant hual $40,000 worth of tools with me. New trucks are seriously expencive and used can be just as bad when you add in repairs. AS pro1 said...baby steps to startout...then if you still have the desire...make the leap to o/o.

5. francesco

francesco Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2007
    roselle, il
    you ''Broncrider", make more sense. I' ve never said i know it all. I just want to take a change. I know i dont have experience, but at some point i have to start to build it up i may fail or i may succeed.I dind't wake up yestarday and said "tomorrow lets be a o/o!!"I did follow the business from couple yrs. now.I was asking for suggestion but i just got :biggrin_2551: . thanks anyway.

6. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

I know i didnt mean to blast you or anything...just trying to help.I understand the need for change, and yes rise or fall its all on you, but its not gonna help if you buy a POS held together with black tape and bailing wire. I'm glad to hear that you've followed this industery the last few years, its kinda like a roller coaster with fuel prices and frieght rates. The bigger issue is experiance, driving a big truck is NOT like driving a pickup with a trailer.you are much longer, heavier and taller. shippers lots, highways and truck stops all have thier own unique set of problems for a truck, best to figure it out on someone elses dime than your's. If you do buy the truck your looking at, best of luck to you and please keep posting on here, I for 1 would like to compare notes .

7. pro1driver

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    no you didn't say you know it all, but you're not comparing trucks (big rigs) to other trucks. you started comparing the cost/experience/maintenance of CARS to trucks, and that ain't good business sense, if you can't differentiate one from the other........

how exactly did you "follow" the business, by reading about it or actually driving along with someone else, and was that someone else an owner-operator or a driver..?? you got to have a business plan in place, you have to have experience, you have to have financial backing, you got to have common sense, you got to have spend thrift money handling experience. some of these things you don't have right now.

but hey, go ahead and do as YOU PLEASE...........

as PT Barnum said, "there's one born every minute"..........

8. francesco

francesco Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2007
    roselle, il

as PT Barnum said, "there's one born every minute"..........[/quote
    ........... and your mother is responsible for most of them. i dont need your opinion anymore thank you

9. pro1driver

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    and you won't get it...............

but you still have no clue how to drive yet, but that pre-trip test you passed makes you think you're capable of being an owner-operator with no tangible experience.

i do wish you the best of luck...........you wanna be my friend now.....?? i think you like me......

10. francesco

francesco Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2007
    roselle, il
    ok lets be friend.

11. francesco

francesco Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2007
    roselle, il
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.