bye bye #27420

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by hesgoneagain, Mar 4, 2012.

1. hesgoneagain

hesgoneagain Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Denton, North Carolina
    No. The 2007 trucks don't have either. We got another 2007 when 27420 gave out on us. We've learned to adjust to not having them. Boy will it be nice when we do get them though.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I had an inverter installed in mine...I bought it and paid to have it installed. Ideling was never an issue when it was hot or too cold....jut cut into the fuel mileage. You will not believe the difference when you get in a new one...it is so nice....not trying to rub int in, just letting you know you will enjoy it!

4. Freespool

Freespool Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2012
    St.Louis, MO
    Yeah, I bet. It's the little things like the curtains that go around the dash, no duct tape holding the fairings on, no giant cloud of black smoke behind you, no leaks from every corner of the truck when it rains, cruise control on the steering wheel, being able to upshift to 3rd when accelerating from a stop..... And on and on and on lol

5. hesgoneagain

Nov 16, 2011
    Denton, North Carolina
    @ Jim What size did you have installed and how much did it cost to have them put it in? When you finally got your new truck did they transfer it and did they charge you again?

6. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I think I had over a 2500 watt and I think it cost something like $400 to install. They did transfer it free from my first truck into the second o7, but the new ones already have a inverter so there was no need to transfer it. I do have it under my bunk in a box as a spare in case the one on the truck goes bad, I can just put mine in its place until I get to a terminal.

7. hesgoneagain

Nov 16, 2011
    Denton, North Carolina
    OK. I also thought newer trucks had a 1500w inverter but I've now heard 1100w and 1000w. What do you have in your new truck?

8. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I will have to look when I get up to the truck today. I will get back to you on it.

hesgoneagain Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.