Bynum Transport Info

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Kstrong86, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Kstrong86

Kstrong86 Medium Load Member

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    How are my fellow truckers doing?

Wanted to see if anbody is currently working for Bynum Transport or has worked for them. I’m heavily looking into tankers and they are on my list. Just wanted to get a feel for them as far as pay miles and home time. Yes I have talked to a recruiter but we all know they say anything just to get you in the door. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Just to give you so info about myself I have 18 months experience and I live in Orlando, FL if that at all helps. All dry van experience at that. Thanks for the replies and any insights. I look forward to the comments and any recommendations thanks and be safe

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I chose IRT, and it's a decision I've not regretted.

Kstrong86 Thanks this.
  4. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks. As I stated I only have 18 months experience and they require 24 months. Not quite there yet but thank your for the comment. Do you care to explain why you chose IRT?

5. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    I spoke to a lady named Anna a while back. She said it was a “retirement job”. Pay wasn’t very good.

Kstrong86 Thanks this.
  6. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Bynum Transport or IRT

7. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Bynum

Kstrong86 Thanks this.
  8. Kstrong86

May 20, 2017
    Orlando, FL
    Yea that’s what it seems like when I spoke with them the other day.

9. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    My understanding is that USDA regs require a food grade tanker driver to have 12 months verifiable otr experience. You should call again to verify.

I chose IRT originally simply because I liked that they had clean, nice-looking equipment. Simple as that.

And I haven't looked back since. Are there higher paying companies out there I could drive for? Absolutely.

I stay with IRT because they are a sane company to drive for. I'm not micromanaged or forced to be unsafe just to pick up or deliver on time. I can get home close to when I want. Of course, getting home exactly when you want I've accepted as being an industry impossibility.

And pulling a tank means not wasting hours of my time and life hiring lumpers who aren't worth a poop. I do not miss delivering to grocery store distribution centers. I have permanently excised that nightmare from my life. Hallelujah! Praise be to God.

Yeah, I get a little emotional about lumpers.

mlavelle3 Thanks this.
  10. Trucker2356

Trucker2356 Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2017
    I work for Bynum and I can tell you that they will keep you running, all their trucks are new, they have no hard set of rules on hometime, when they give you a load they don't Mico manage you they leave you alone for the most part. They pay is on the low end but you can make that up on miles as long that you want to run. They even let you route your own self, they only fuel at a pliot or flying j but that can be any where. They have no camera in the trucks. If that helps any.

Lotus, xlsdraw and t bird Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.