C.H. Roberson....

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by q in sac, Aug 6, 2011.

1. SpankingGT

SpankingGT Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Yeah- Play the game! Part of life and business. If you can understand it, apparently you don't-you would have better success at it.

I have worked for these big boys, I know their internal operation better than most around here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 66truck

66truck Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2008
    ohio
    Whats cheap about them? I just dropped off a load at $3.60 a mile.:biggrin_255:

4. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    when they give us bids for our loads they are by far less then swift, shci, knight, traffictech, and many others I can't think of right now. The rates they give to SHIPPERS is whats cheap. I don't know what they give CARRIERS cause I never hauled for them.

As for the game: maybe I would be richer if I played but I rather NOT and leave it to others. I Don't know enough about the game, I don't play. Easy and simple. I a no risk type of person. I never was a gambler.

5. Union Jack

Union Jack Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Nebraska City, NE
    And renowned for cheap freight.

But, the sister company is T-Chek.

They always pay and I have never had one of their brokers lie or deceive me.

6. Union Jack

Union Jack Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Nebraska City, NE
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... and I once got $10 a mile from them in Denver to haul a load from one side of town to the other for $200.

If they paid you $3.60 a mile is was because they were getting $5 a mile.

Now tell us the distance on the load... They didn't pay you that to go from coast to coast... I guarantee it.

:biggrin_255:

7. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I've hauled pool chemicals, ceramic tile, grocery store cash register furniture and beer are some of the more recent CHR loads I remember.

I got stuck at the AB,ST Louis, I forget now, like 16 hours. I didn't get a dime of detention. They played me the whole time I was there. We'll pay you, we'll pay you. Yeah right. I hate someone that lies. That was the last CHR load I hauled.

8. 66truck

66truck Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2008
    ohio
    What they get is really not my business, I'm only concerned that I make a profit on the load , and I did, no it wasn't a $200.00 load across town.
    I'm not sayin these guys wont lowball ya , cause they will, but that doesn't mean ya have to take what they offer,I rarely do, gotta play the game.:biggrin_255:

9. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

This is a business that requires good negotiating skills if you expect to get the best rates. Some may call it "playing the game" but I just call it business. It doesn't matter how much a broker says that they can move a load for, unless a carrier takes it the load will sit. I can assure you that they have a lot of loads that run over $3/mile with many miles to go with the run. They also have a lot of loads that go over $2/mile. I would like to see a more stable rate year around, but that isn't likely to happen unless we go back to the government regulating freight rates and I don't want the government telling me what I can charge for my services.

10. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Supply and demand...and yeah, it's a game, plain and simple.....learn how to play it. But a beer load thru CHR or anyone ? I don't think so.....sorry.

11. SpankingGT

SpankingGT Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Beer/wine/water loads pay crappy to begin with. Now these are always cheap and heavy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.