C.R. England, Dallas TX

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Jarheaddriver, Jan 27, 2008.

1. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Hotel? I got one of their ###### dorm rooms. Yep. It's the same old story and we realize it already. C.R. England sucks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ajwithrow

ajwithrow Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2008
    dallas, tx
    :biggrin_25510: I worked for C.R. england until 1/16/2008 on a dedicated account for Frito Lay. My driver manager sucked. She would send me load assignments that would not allow me enough time to pick the load up on time. From Dallas to Dalhart which is 8.5 hours of driving, she would only give me 5 hours to get there. She noted this as a service failure every time. You have to be in Dalhart by 5 p.m. to get loaded that same day. But I would not get the load assignment until noon on the same day. Then , when I decided to part ways with the company I was told to turn the truck in at our designated drop facility. I did so as instructed. Well, come to find out she put me down as a truck abandonment even though I did as instructed.

C.R england is one of the worst companies to work for. They also, still owe me for about 100 hours of detention and layover pay, that I was promised, and still have not received. You never can get anyone on the phone to answer any questions. Before I parted ways, our account with Frito Lay ended and I was told to contact TJ JOHNSON in OTR. I tried to do so for 2.5 weeks. He never answered his phone and only called me back once. I probably called him 3 dozen times . Every time all I would get is his voice mail. Left message after message with no response.. :smt067

4. Jarheaddriver

Jarheaddriver Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Anna, TX

They still do this, If you are not from Texas, you have to get a Texas CDL, and then when you are on home time you must go get your home state CDL. Kinda of a Double License Fee.... Lucky for me I am from Texas :biggrin_25520:.... The good thing is they don't take it here until you get your CDL. I passed all my written today. including HME and Tanker, and all they did is hand me a paper permit, to practice and then return for the Road test.... My Regular DL was cut across the top to indicate I have a CDL Permit, and that it is only good for 60 days..... But I still have both. Folks with other state lic must surrender the lic and only get the Paper permit.....

5. Jarheaddriver

Jan 27, 2008
    Anna, TX
    couldn't agree more.......:biggrin_2559:

6. newroady

newroady Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2007
    columbia sc

Do you know anything about the school in texas that central refridgerated operates there?

7. Jarheaddriver

Jan 27, 2008
    Anna, TX
    Not really, never got that far with them.... they were demanding I get a medical release from the military and I have been out for over 2 years......

8. carrot top

carrot top Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    greenville, sc
    I went to a trucking school other than cr eangland's school. I had read a lot of posts on this site and others and I applied at other companies first like Schafer, mills, srt and so on. but as it turns out I have to many tickets for them but they all told me to call them back when I have between 6 and 12 months experience. but england gave me a chance. I went to orientation in burns harbor Indiana. I arived at the hotel on sunday about noon and was told the doctor will be here at 3 pm. well that went fine but a doctor on a Sunday?
    after 3 days of orientation a road eval and a backing eval I was on my way with a trainer for 28 days and 15000 miles of training. I had a really great trainer he had a lot of great input for me. after my first day behind the wheel he said wow this is such a relief. when I asked what he meant he told me his first 48 hrs with a new trainee is pure hell but the school that I went to must have been really good cas he didn't have a whole lot to say about my driving.
    england has new equipment trucks are only in service for 3 years. but that still don't stop the break downs. as I toured the country while in training, we visited all england facility's and the one in Indiana is the best I think.
    so far Im happy with them except for the pay thing. they say super pay but it's not really and the lease guys aren't making much more than a company driver somewhere else with 3 years . but leasing is a way to make more to start off with, but it don't seem to be for everyone.
    I don't have anything bad to say about them, but I now see why a lot of people only work for them for a year or so and go to another company. if they just paid more they could keep more drivers.

9. rueberger

rueberger Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2007
    mercer, pa
    I attended the school in salt lake it was pretty good dont have many complaints but things change in two years

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.