c1 training thru Drivers Solutions in Indianapolis

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by rosalina, Oct 19, 2007.

1. ickeyiskewl

ickeyiskewl Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Clyde Ohio
    geez nobody went to FT wayne ehh ? where i went and went pretty good. i enjoyed it. not dirving anymore though ironically enough for now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Poverty Knob
    I am in my first week at the Indy C1 school, right now, since I am fortunate enough to live 60 miles from Indy, I'm home for the weekend. Here are my observations on my first week.

1: Show up 90% ready to take the written exam for the learners permit. Best way to do this is to get the Indiana CDL book and read and re-read it, and do the questions on each section. The second thing to do is use the "e-gears" training that they offer. (no I don't work for them) but it's only $10.00 and it has a ton of the questions on it that are on the state test. Do not show up thinking that you can learn everything you need to know for the CDL exam in class. Read the book and do the e-gears, it works. I took my test on Tuesday afternoon, I missed 3 on the Gen.Knowledge, 2 on Air brakes and 1 on combination vehicles.

2: Yes there is alot thrown at you fast, and you have to be ready to roll with it. Kevin is an excellent instructor in my opinion and I have (had) been a trainer and supervisor for a fortune 500 company for almost 10 years. He keeps it interesting with a few stories thrown in, but is always ready to help anyone who wants it. He's one of the best I have had the opportunity to know.

3: Someone advised to familarize yourself with the parts of a truck, that is good advice. I have had the advantage of being involved with automotive and medium trucks for most of my life, so I knew alot of the parts. But someone who isn't, it will be tough, find a way to do that if you can. The Pre-trip inspection is pretty in depth, and a little overwhelming.

4: Yes some of the trainers have some pretty foul mouths on them. But uhhh your going into trucking, have you listened to channel 19 lately?

5: The Budget-Inn is pretty disgusting, I have to say it is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. If I was doing it again, I would consider some other arrangement. But I'm here now and I'll gut it out. One bothersome detail is that everytime you lose your roommate you will either get moved in with someone else or someone else moved in with you. (I did mention that it is two to a room didn't I?)

6: We got to spend some time in the truck today (Friday) We had 3 in our truck, which is what it looked like was about the average. There may have been a few with 4.

I'm not saying that this is the best school available, but I have "lurked" on these boards for quite awhile previous to deciding to get into this business, and it appears that most schools have some shortcomings.

I believe that if you show up with a good attitude and an understanding that C1 is a business and they are there to make money, they can give you the foundational skills that you need.

Monday begins week two, I will try to let you know next week, my thoughts on that.

Hope this is of some value.

airforcetoo Thanks this.
  4. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    When I went to C-1 in Indy we stayed at a Holiday Inn. Real nice rooms and I had a good roomate, the same one for the 2 weeks.
    I've been by that Holiday Inn and they've changed names and took the balconies off.

5. davidcboyd33

davidcboyd33 Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Forsyth, GA
    Gosh that was long. You could have simplified it by saying simply C1 and disaster.

I wish I had a dollar for every student that has come to me for training after they had been jerked around by C1, CREngalnd, and Swift.

Driver's solutions is a joke. They charge people to do what they can clearly do themselves. In fact, they charge people to give them a good solid look at the worst side of the trucking industry.

You are not alone Rosalina, and I recommend you post this on ripoffreport.com with the hundreds of other such stories.

6. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I'll strongly disagree.
    I went to C-1, then 4 weeks with a trainer at PAM. I learned a lot, a whole lot. I had the option, at the factory I worked at, to get my CDL on my own and then haul freight for them. Union wages and I'd have been home after every load. I declined and am glad I did.

7. channel 19

channel 19 Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2009
    michigan
    i got a question we got pam ,decker usa truck which company more would go with or which is more better trying decide decker or usa

8. ickeyiskewl

ickeyiskewl Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Clyde Ohio
    well lets decker = loving new jersey frequently and well pam is lame as hell ....not much of a choice lol ...go to usa truck lol ..they suck as much too

9. davidcboyd33

davidcboyd33 Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Forsyth, GA
    "i got a question we got pam ,decker usa truck which company more would go with or which is more better trying decide decker or usa."

That is a very tough choice. I'm glad you are making it and not me, because I wouldn't want to work for any of them. But, that is the price you pay when you go through driver's solutions.

10. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Poverty Knob
    Well I have finished at C1 in Indy today, and am at home. My final thoughts are, as follows.

This school will prepare you to pass the CDL test, if you work at it and give it an honest effort. It will not make you a truck driver, but I doubt any school can. Some of the instructors that I talked with agree that the school needs to be at least 60 days to do thorough job.

I found that some of the intructors truly care and put effort into their students training. Some seem more concerned about going through the motions and if you get it good, if you don't that's too bad.

If you choose to go to C1, take a good attitude, and some common sense and be willing to listen and learn fast.

Hope this post is of some value to someone.

11. Freebird135

Freebird135 Road Train Member

May 7, 2009
    In the air conditioning
    i almost went to C 1 here in indianapolis, i decided on sage at ivy tech at 29th and meridian

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.