C13 Acert low power

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by KittyKicker, Jun 16, 2019.

1. KittyKicker

KittyKicker Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2015
    I have a 2007 Pete with a c13 in it. It started chugging and missing really bad under load in high gear. Pulled codes, shop said front injector harness needed to be replaced. I did that and it is a lot better, but not fixed. It doesn't chug and miss and blow grey smoke like it did, but under load it feels like it will fall flat and when it does it starts blowing some black smoke. The only thing I have noticed is when I let out of the throttle I can hear a rush of air, at first I thought I let out at the same time the air dryer popped off. Nope. If I get it working and let out of the throttle when its acting up it hisses. What am I missing here?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Hose around the cac. Or around the turbo either off or leaking,

KittyKicker Thanks this.
  4. KittyKicker

Dec 27, 2015
    I was going to pressure test it tomorrow, it just doesn't make sense to me why it would make that noise when I let OFF the throttle.

5. bavarian

bavarian Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Winnipeg
    Does yours still have the catalyst in the exhaust? It might be plugged. High pyro temps are one indicator, leaking exhaust clamps and leaking flex pipe after second turbo another.
    Loss of charge air also, but you're on it already.

KittyKicker Thanks this.
  6. KittyKicker

Dec 27, 2015
    It has a muffler but I do not know if it is factory or aftermarket.

7. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    No more CEL? Sounds like you had codes for IVA not responding. Make sure you check over over bellows pipes (flex pipes) on turbo ducting well. Can usually find leak on them with two guys. Rev up with engine brake on and listen for the air escaping as engine brake hits.

KittyKicker Thanks this.
  8. KittyKicker

Dec 27, 2015
    Pulled codes 97 and 98 today. 98 says engine coolant diverter current low/hi. I don't know what a coolant diverter is or where it is located.

9. spsauerland

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    Coolant diverter solenoid regulates coolant flow thru the precooler. It is located just in front of high pressure turbo. Wiring likes to rub between water pump and block.

pushbroom and KittyKicker Thank this.
  10. KittyKicker

Dec 27, 2015
    I see. I'm going to check that out. What does it do?

11. spsauerland

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    The coolant diverter valve regulates the flow of coolant thru the pre-cooler. When cold, if full coolant flowed thru the pre-cooler the engine would smoke heavy white. The solenoid controls the flow of coolant to a diaphram to control the water flowing thru the pre-cooler. The coolant diverter solenoid shares some of the same circuit in ECM as IVA pressure solenoid valve so one can effect the other without a fault code for both. Screenshot_20190618-221114.png

pushbroom Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.