C15 acert bxs problem!!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by N14 cummins power, Dec 1, 2011.

1. PROCO

PROCO Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2016
    I have a 2007 peterbilt with a c-15 acert. The problem that I am having is I can't get over 30psi in boost. It might get up to 40psi sometimes but it be right at 30psi. I changed the cac witch did have a crack in it but at one point I was getting around 43psi. And I haves hooked the computer up to my ECM but it won't communicate to it. Can any one help me with this. Ohh I also put a boost sensor on it to still nothing

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. inter transtar

inter transtar Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Hi guys what serial number.c15 acert is the best to implant into a older truck thanks Paul

4. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    Bxs is the better of the a-certs.

5. Mact007

Mact007 Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Make sure to check the inline filter on the boost gauge line at the head. These motors produce a lot of carbon deposits in the head with the valve over lapping and that filter plugs up giving false readings.

6. Mchestnut1

Mchestnut1 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2020
    USA Florida
    For me... I had the same problem... For me it was the fuel transfer pump. I checked the fuel pressure. It was low... Installed new Fuel Pump... 40ish boost twin turbos... Hope this helps.

This site has helped me tremendously.
    Thanks to all that respond here

7. Mchestnut1

Mchestnut1 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2020
    USA Florida
    Also, Like someone else said... I had a charged air cooler leak... or intercooler leak...
    Not enough air volume.
    Some say get the 1500.00 one it's the best... I went with the 750.00 one. To me same thing... NEW is new

8. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    That's hilarious. New might be new but there's huge differences in quality. Sometimes the cheaper ones are just as good or even better but they aren't all the same

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.