C15 derate

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by davis584, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Ruiz1

Ruiz1 Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2018
    I get a 95 on mine and it does the same as his. I’ve changed the sensor and selenoid. Still have an intermittent 95 code.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    Did you check over wiring harness over well for rubbing to VVA pressure sensor especially by thermostat housing. Check to covering for rubs. Code 95 is high or low voltage code(out of range) for VVA oil pressure sensor.

SAR, Oxbow and Expeditor Thank this.
  4. Ruiz1

Ruiz1 Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Yes I put a new harness too! All around

5. Ruiz1

Ruiz1 Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2018
    1.1 mil

6. Expeditor

Expeditor Medium Load Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Usually code 95 is the sensor itself. Ruiz1 said he changed that and the harness, which harness? Also how did he get code? just curious, that is a flash code, with ET it will narrow the problem even more.

7. Ruiz1

Ruiz1 Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2018
    It never flashes bobtailing only when I have a trailer loaded or empty. When I hit about 11gear it derates and flashes code. If I shut off and check for codes there is no history.

8. Ruiz1

Ruiz1 Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2018
    It also only has boost about up to 20-25 and no more. Before any flash or after.

9. Expeditor

Mar 5, 2018
    What do you mean flashes codes? The light will flash when the codes appears but the light, to my knowledge, doesn't flash codes until you press cruise set for about 3-5 seconds. In other words when light comes on or flashes that signifies a problem but doesn't tell you what the problem is. Do you have Cat ET?

10. Expeditor

Mar 5, 2018
    I believe if it derates boost will also go down. It sounds like something electrical that resets when you shut down. The ECM battery is probably dead, that's why it wont store codes. Mine does that if I disconnect batteries. By any chance do you have a battery cut off switch? That might explain why codes disappear when your shut off engine.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.