CAB Search???

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Streamo, Mar 24, 2008.

1. MickeyFIN

MickeyFIN Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Turku, Finland
    Shiiiit.. no beers in the truck..not even in the Fridge ?
    And No guns.. not even Knifes ?
    So much for American Freedom...
    Over here your´e allowed to carry as much alcoholic beverages you can FIT IN THE CABIN....
    The more and more you look into your laws I get this feeling...

http://www.hermes-press.com/germany1930.htm

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    The bottom line is a officer is going to search you cab if he feels the need too. I understand that the cab is our home and I dont like anyone going through my ####. However that is part of the job we do when we drive.

As far as officers go like was said before they are doing their job. Their are a lot of real good officers out their like Trooper One that are not there to give us a hard time, but they are required to do their job. Yes I know that bad cops are out there and we may run into run. I have had my share of that mess.... but your talking 2 out of 20. They know that we have a hard job to do and all the BS that goes with it. They dont want to give us anymore crap then they have to. As far as how bad the officer is going to come down on you when you get pulled over or DOT insp... comes down to how you treat that officer if you show them respect and dont try to BS them then most of the time they are going to cut you some slack. If you come off to them like a ##* Hole they are going to hammer your ##* to the wall. Treat them like you would want to be treated. If you do get that bad apple dont be scared to call for his boss to come out or report him to his high ups. You do have rights.

Ok I will get off my soap box now....

4. MickeyFIN

MickeyFIN Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Turku, Finland
    Over here officers stops right there on the doorhandle if I tell them without a warrant.

I know a few guys who has even tested their rights by letting the cop in sofar that they´ve either punched the cops in the face or got their fingers between the door....and told them to get a warrant or end the search just right there.

Just yesterday a friend called that he got on a reg DOT inspection a fine for 50bucks for mouthing off thou.
    The Cop asked to show the load (a seacontainer) and friend told the cop to look for himself...the cop didn´t manage to open them busted doors so he had to open them for the cop to show and empty container...

5. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    The idea that guns are prohibited by law in CMV is a myth. You may need a concealed carry permit, but there are NO laws prohibiting weapons in the cab. In fact, there are aspects of USC Title 18 that *require* the operator have possession of a gun.

I was told "guns = illegal" in school, so I asked for chapter and verse. After two weeks, it boils down to "ain't so setch animal".

There are restrictions on where you can GO with said weapon ( military bases, etc... and California is suggesting other restrictions (go figure)), but there (I'm repeating this) are no blanket laws prohibiting a truck driver from being armed.

The bottom line is, if you can carry legally at home, you can carry legally in the truck.

Of course, your company may have a "no guns" rule. Werner does, I know. If that's the case.. well, it's their property and therefor, they get to set the rules.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.