CAGE going to Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by CAGEtrucker, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Hellbound

Hellbound Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Arizona
    Do they still 'penalize' the tractor for the high idle times with slower max speeds?[/QUOTE]

Ya they still do, you lose 2mph if you go over 10% idle

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hellbound

Hellbound Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Arizona
    I idle when I have to, clint dont say anything to me about it. If I lose that partvof the bonus I can deal with it.

4. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    I am trying to figure out how to approach them in this. I need to idle and be comfortable in the truck. I sweat my but off once the truck cuts off at 75 degrees. I need to have that temp sensor removed i cannot get past it tried every trick in the book with no luck. I am tired of the darn alarm going off and everything cutting off after about 5 minutes of alarms. I talked with our safety guy and he is looking into it. I have been told i need to be more firm about the "ADA" issue and basically for their hand to add an APU or disable the idle shutdown stuff. I need some guidance in this area I can't afford to be fired or out of a job.

5. CAGEtrucker

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    Yes they do. Above 10% idle lose 2 MPH.

6. CAGEtrucker

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    As for my stones I have produced them off and on since 2000. This time is odd as so far there is no pain just found out today I have an infection. I am scheduled for lithotripsy on the 30th to use sound waves to break up the stones. I have tried everything from diet to drink change with no luck. My new urologist said there is a new medication I can take once these are gone that should help keep the stones away so time will tell. I drink between 30 and 40 of those cheap 24 count Walmart bottles a week along with filling my big 64 ounce mug with water every time I stop. Thanks for all the input guys I appreciate it.

Any input on the now bipap was cpap until upgraded Friday and ADA would be great. I like it here me want to do things the right way with the company.

Helbound it would be nice to meet you sometime.

7. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

My question was for RP if they 'still' penalize the driver who must idle for their health even after an accommodation is allowed? Would that violate the ADA?!

Well, good luck with your 'journey.' I know how it is to have to 'do what you have to do' to bring $ into a family during life...OD

8. Hellbound

Hellbound Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Arizona
    Cage , I will be at the rancho yard tomorrow, I can show you how to get your truck to idle, im in truck # 122422

9. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

I highly recommend PMing your truck number and not publicly posting it as Knight has folks who monitor trucking sites and can be vindictive! Seriously!

sal Thanks this.
  10. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    It's pretty simple, you need to insist that if the batteries in your truck can't run your cpap machine for a full 8 hours without cutting off then they need to fix the problem. How they do that is up to them. They fixed it for me by removing the idle shut down on any truck I drove. They also can't use your idle time against you in a review if they choose unrestricted idling as the solution. I suggest you consult with a lawyer, most will do the initial consultation for free, then approach Knight. That way you'll have a record established should they get funky about it. My experience is they will be accommodating if you lean on them just a little. The penalty for ADA violation max out at $50k so they have a financial interest in complying. (btw, any penalties assessed would go to you)

In a related story, Watkins-Shepard is paying off a class action for not hiring drivers who use cpap machines, my check from that should be in the mail next month. :)

CAGEtrucker and OverDrive Thank this.
  11. CAGEtrucker

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    Well I have been running awesome checks have been decent but I feel totally wronged and I am pretty upset this morning. I got to the yard yesterday afternoon for my weekly run and someone had used my truck between Thursday morning and Sunday afternoon plan was get my 3 turns done by thursday since i have kidney procedure/surgery this friday. Now I had a 2nd level 1 inspection at the Banning scale last week. I was allowed to drive the truck with 2 airlines that had cuts in the covers at some point I guess on a tight turn or something they got pinched or were on the deck/catwalk and got cut. I sent qualcomm to dispatch that airlines were bad put it by the shop LOCKED for repair. Well no repair was done because some smart dispatcher let someone use the truck on a 400 mile run on friday even with the qualcomm message and in left a note on the seat. About the lines being bad. During this time my TND 510, Sirius satellite receiver, CB, inverter and a bunch of tools in side box were stolen. I would guess about $800 bucks worth of stuff stolen. Nobody up the chain would answer their cells yesterday the on call dispatch said nothing could be done until today. So I put the truck back in the shop and came home to decide what is next. WHY was my truck used? I was told if you go on vacation or are out of the truck for 4 or more days to take your personal belongings out. I am trying to think positive and HOPE my stuff is locked in the office someplace. I will mention when I got in the truck yesterday it was unlocked so now whoever used the truck can say they did not do it and they left the truck unlocked. I almost forgot to mention they left it dirty and on empty as in gauge did not budge when I started the truck. the company has been pretty good to me I talk to others who have payroll problems and equipment issues I have been lucky and just run my butt off. Still have had no luck with safety in regards to my sleep apnea and the 3 batteries are just getting worse they last about 4-4.5 hours before I am woke up by alarms. Just not sure what I am going to do, I am pretty torn and they did not follow the 4 day or vacation rule/policy on truck use. I am also pretty darn tired by end of week from inadequate sleep.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.