Calex Express....My New Home!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. fancypants

fancypants Medium Load Member

Apr 14, 2010
    nw pa
    Sent appt. to Mort faxing paper back an forth. Hope this dont take to long.Want to find a home for a good long time.This sounds like it could be it.Hope so.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Canada is optional. If you have a passport and want to then you can. Me personally, I have been to Canada about a dozen times so far to the same customer, not a single problem. If you load somewhere and it goes to NYC or the Island you will deliver it. We don't drop loads in the yard unless dispatch tells you. With that being said, I've been to the big city once this year, Jersey about a half dozen times and Ma about 5 times. Regional is east of the rockies. Our directions come from dispatch sometimes, but mostly from other drivers. We tend to go to the same places all the time so after the first few times it becomes old hat.

Regional is east of the rockies. Most of your runs will be to the house and back to the north east. I have to say it again, we are a North East Pa based carrier that's 120 miles to the GW Bridge, we do go into the big city but for the regional drivers it's hit or miss.

It's a whole different ball game up here. Most of the drivers live around here or in my case learned how to drive here as a young boy working at my families produce business in Hunts Point. To me and a lot of other drivers it is what it is.

The whole process will take about 2 weeks.

4. fancypants

fancypants Medium Load Member

Apr 14, 2010
    nw pa
    Thanks JohnBoy I know your busy. Mort has been really nice about everything.Ya been to the rotten apple too many times to count.Just gotta get to know customers.An like ya said just another load.Well again thanks for your time an keep the dirty side down.

5. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I made it to my fuel stop and spent the night in Commerce Ga. I woke up at 6am and had 40 miles to go to Seneca SC for my delivery. I got there at 7:30 and was empty at 8:15. Jason had sent over my reload the day before so I knew what I was doing after I got empty. It was 35 miles to Piedmont for my drop and hook. I was hooked and rolling north right at 9:45am this morning. I'm now sitting in Greencastle Pa taking my 10 hour break. I'll be up and rolling at 5:30 in the morning and drop this trailer at Mountain Top at 9am then I'll be at the yard by 10. I didn't hear from Louie today so I don't know where I'm loading at to go back home. This turned out to be the best productive week I've had here at Calex. Friday to Friday looked like this:

Pittston PA to Lubbock Tx.......................................1745 miles
    Lubbock Tx to Lamesa Tx to Richland Hills Tx..............380 miles
    Richland Hills Tx to Sherman Tx to Seneca SC............1010 miles
    Seneca SC to Piedmont SC to Mt Top Pa to Pittston......745 miles
    Total miles.................3880 miles

6. southpoint123

southpoint123 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2011
    winter haven fl
    now that is some good miles most i ever got using elogs was 3300 with a 65 mph truck

7. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    When it gets above 3500 in 7 days then you need to start paying attention to your hours a little closer. I have just enough to get me home this weekend, then I'll have a reset.

8. southpoint123

southpoint123 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2011
    winter haven fl
    i hear you own that johnboy have good weekend i going to put in a app in the morning see what they say i love reading yalls post lot of good things i hear

9. Trucker4Life05

Trucker4Life05 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hesperia Ca
    i have never seen over a 3000 week mine are at ared 2700 to 2900 miles a week but i only work like 4 days a week this last week i ran my 70 to 6 mins left to when i picked up hrs last night i ran from

pittston pa to pottsville pa 55 miles

pottsville pa to jessup pa 76 miles

jessup pa to bolingbrook il 760 miles

bolingbrook il to cornell wi 340 miles

cornell wi to fernley nv 1908 miles

fernley nv to biggs ca 176 miles

biggs ca to cerritos ca 473

this was my best week here cause i ran a full week 3788

i got to cerritos with 6 mins after everything said n done on my 70 pti unload etc i had to wait a day tell i got home this ws wensday to wensday

The Challenger Thanks this.
  10. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Taking my break in a rest area on US 23 in Lake Fenton MI. I deliver tomorrow morning in Kalkaska MI. My plan was to get to at least Saginaw, but nasty weather and a few wrecks in the Akron area caused me to fall short of my goal. Oh well, I'll deliver this, then pick up in Bridgeport MI for a Monday morning delivery in Perth Amboy NJ.

11. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    How did you like that place to back into? Try doing it in January with 3 feet of snow on the ground not plowed. I got my dispatch. My load will be ready later this afternoon for Orlando on Wednesday.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.