Calex Express....My New Home!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. rhino514

rhino514 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Hop Bottom , Pa.
    well i have been oficially baptized with the va. to brooklyn boarshead runs....now i understand why no one likes it... not enough miles for a week and way to much down time....

Cyanide and Voyager1968 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Sorry to hear of your unfortunate Boarshead adventure. Your a better man than me.

4. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I got home yesterday at 8:30am. I've been steady cleaning up around my house and property from the 12 inches of rain we had this past week. What a mess. My neighbor had a lightning strike on a group of his palm trees that are between his house and mine. He lost 2 beautiful tall healthy palms and from what I can see the bolt of lightning took out my salt cell on my pool. I took it apart, brought it to my pool store and $625 later we are back enjoying the pool. I just spent the better part of the day pressure cleaning my side walk, driveway and storm culverts around my house and my neighbors, he's disabled and confined to a wheel chair so I figured I would help my neighbor out. They are great neighbors, he is a retired Nasa engineer, actually, the true meaning of a rocket scientist.

I get to spend most of the day home on Monday, I load at the brewery in Jacksonville at 9pm Monday night then deliver in Columbia SC early Tuesday morning, then drop and hook in Greenville going to Mt. Top Pa for late Tuesday night.

5. rhino514

rhino514 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Hop Bottom , Pa.
    if it wasnt for the good bunch of calex drivers you get to sit there with it would be a really boring time... sat in brooklyn for 18 hours but we had fun checking out the "scenery" lol. have to do it for one more turn ...

6. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Good crew of shuttle drivers from Calex there. Always ready to help with advice or just to shoot the #### while waiting, but....the local "scenery" is THE best part about sitting at Boar's Head in Brooklyn.

7. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I grew up in that "scenery", I've been done with it for 31 years and have no intention of ever sight seeing there again.

8. cowmantrucker

cowmantrucker Bobtail Member

May 3, 2012
    Grove, OK
    well I've had 2 CA turns since I've been on here last and in between those 2 runs I had 3 restart breaks in 1 week. I don't really have anything good to say at this time except A big THANK U to Johnboy for all the help u have given me since I've been here, and U too Rob. 3 weeks in a row away from my kids is getting very hard, but i'm still hoping Calex can work with me better soon. And hey guys always know where ur truck key is when u go home

JohnBoy and rhino514 Thank this.
  9. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Long weekend at the house. I had to pressure clean every inch of the sidewalk, culvert and street around my house when the water that was left from the storm last week finally drained away. What a mess. I can't wait to leave and get some rest.....not!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  10. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    -insert name- Thanks this.
  11. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    sitting next to a calex truck in santa nella ca tonight. didnt think you boys came this far west

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.