Calex Express....My New Home!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Louie called right after lunch to let me know he was sending over a load to my truck for me for Monday. It's a drop and hook in Griffin Ga. with a stop in Hooksett NH and finals in Mountaintop PA. This will be a good week with 3 1/2 days off.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jrotra

jrotra Light Load Member

May 27, 2010
    Inverness , Florida
    Johnboy,I put my app in with Calex this week hoping to hear from them soon. When I spoke with Mort he said they my have a run opening up in a couple of weeks. They sure sound like the kind of company I would love to work for. Almost too good to be true . Thanks again for a great thread and a enjoyable read.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  4. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Keep in touch with Mort, give him a call every few days. I know we have a ton of freight into Florida and that they want drivers that live here, it makes for frequent hometime.

5. Inspired driver

Inspired driver Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2010
    binghamton ny
    hey john boy i spoke with mort and everything sounds good im trying to decide wether i should go with crete or with calex i need help and i need money my miles this week with kane was 847:biggrin_25513: im hurting real bad..............mort said .35 2500/2800 and crete said .39 2800/3200 but crete is 18/24 day committment i need atleast $800 to get by i need some help ontop of all this i have a wife and two little girls i have to support thanks for any help....................Inspired driver

6. rhino514

rhino514 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Hop Bottom , Pa.
    As a fellow x kane driver i know what you are feeling.... i was up in tunkhannock on the P&G shuttle account and was not making money either.. As far as your decision. Calex will give you the miles they tell you.. No bs here .. are you going for long haul or local ??? I am local and average about 2500 a week some weeks more some less.. most loads i do are 2 stops so you get extra there and i go to the city some and alot of those are 2 stops so you make out really good... they also get you home every week if you want none of this 14 days or more out... hope this helps you.. when i first started reading johnboys posts i thought it was too good to be real but he tells it like it is they treat you like a person here and after a few weeks everyone knows you by name..

Inspired driver Thanks this.
  7. rhino514

rhino514 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Hop Bottom , Pa.
    I got my truck back thursday had to use a loaner for 2 days... they gave me a automatic to use.. a little different to drive but nice when you are in traffic.. i think i had a clogged fuel filter and that sent the electric relays all hay wire and sent alot of fault codes to the cpu... while they had it in there they serviced it changed the oil and put new sneakers on it.. nice to have my truck back to go to brooklyn friday morning ... 6 am appt and i was heading west across the GW out of the city by 8;45.. makes it a good day right there ..

8. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Go with Calex. You will not regret it. Just ask Johnboy and all the regular posters.

KH

9. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I can't tell you who to go with, but I can tell you that living in Binghamton will surely get you home at the very least every 3-5 days. From what I've read Crete seems to be a pretty good company. The only thing that scares me is the 4 week committment, especially with 2 little girls at home. I was in your shoes along time ago when my daughter was growing up and I missed so much. I was home for her birth then left after my wife got out of the hospital and was gone for 5 weeks. Never again will I ever sacrifice anything like that, especially at 54.

The good thing about Calex is because of their size, we never layover, and if we ever should it's always at the house.

10. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I have grown very accustomed to my automatic, especially going across the GW.....drinking a cup of coffee.

11. garylobo

garylobo Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Kissimmee, FL
    As someone who has driven for both (I drove for Crete/Shaffer the majority of my career before coming over to Calex), and assuming things haven't changed at Crete much, I think those numbers are realistic that Crete is quoting. So bottom line is, your paycheck will be slightly larger at Crete, especially since your pay rate will be higher. But what you make in $$ you'll pay for in home time, it's just that simple. Decide what's more important for you, and make the decision accordingly. Hope that helps, and good luck!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.