Calex Express....My New Home!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. garylobo

garylobo Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Kissimmee, FL
    Well I've enjoyed a great few days at home since getting home Wednesday after delivering in Orlando, but I don't think I've ever was more tired when I got here. After coming back from California and not getting loaded there until last Thursday morning, I had to deliver Monday morning last in Milton, PA. It was a smooth trip along I-40, then 44, then 70, 71, and I-76. Then welcome to PA and I-80 on Sunday. If there's worse construction areas in this country than those 250 miles, until you hit I-81, I don't know where. So it was almost 11pm by the time I got to Milton for a 4am delivery Monday morning. Then Louie called and asked if I can deliver a load in Orlando by 4am Weds. I never say no, no matter how tired, especially when it's to get me home! So after delivery in Milton, I deadheaded to the yard, where they went to work on fixing a battery problem I had. Didn't get the truck back until 4:30pm. Then 2 hours to McElhattan, PA to pickup. That's on a normal day. Add construction plus accident = 4 hours instead of 2. Then at shipper (a HUGE place), trailer wasn't where they said it should be, and now it's dark out. Another hour to find trailer and hookup. Left McElhattan 9:30pm Monday night, already exhausted, and had to drive to Kenly NC for my break, which I arrived at 6:30 am Tues. Took 10 hour break, slept like a rock, and left at 4:30 pm for Orlando. Arrived there at 2:30am, back in door and slept for a whole hour before the lumper knocked on my door at 0345 Wednesday. Gave him the paperwork, went back to sleep and at 0630 he knocked again to say I was done. Needless to say, never been happier to go home and relax! Went swimming yesterday and it was great - although I forgot the suntan lotion and now I'm burned like a lobster!

But now it's Sunday, and I leave in the morning to do it again, and am rarin' to go!
    I'll probably see my buddy JohnBoy in Griffin GA for my pickup to Uxbridge, MA and then on to Mountaintop PA as well. And if Louie has another CA or westcoast run later this week, bring it on! Life's pretty good at Calex folks.

God bless you all and keep it between the lines!

Gary

Hitman Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. garylobo

garylobo Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Kissimmee, FL
    One more thing. JohnBoy and I have an ongoing argument about which highways are best when going out West. He likes I-80. I hate I-80. I like the previous route I described, 40, 44, 70, 76, etc. Wyoming just doesn't do it for me, plus I think there's more traffic, construction and nonsense on I-80. Anyone want to weigh in on this? Once we solve this, we'll go to work on the problems on the middle east.

4. jrotra

jrotra Light Load Member

May 27, 2010
    Inverness , Florida
    Does Calex permit small dogs?,also are all of their trucks automatics?

5. rhino514

rhino514 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Hop Bottom , Pa.
    they do allow small dogs but i think it is $350. payment to cover any damage and cleaning plus you have to show records of shots... they are not all automatics depends on whats available i have a super 10 in mine the new ones are coming in with straight 10's i think

6. wheeler113

wheeler113 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2010
    east stroudsburg pa
    Hi mister lobo sounds like you having a good old time over there as well. They are not going to have enough truck for all the drivers that want to jump the fence over to calex, hope they still have a nice one for me. To tell you the truth I really want to try one of those automatic ones never drove one, will like to try one when I jump the fence. Then I'll get to meet Mr.Johnboy and your self hopefully soon till then be safe keep the shiny side up greasy side down. LoL thought I'll throw some humor in there be safe.

7. Inspired driver

Inspired driver Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2010
    binghamton ny
    Thanks for the feed back on the crete calex matter but at first i was going with crete but looking at my two babies i dont think i could do a 18/24 day commitment without having a choice weather i could stay out or go home i guess im going with calex but im trying to figure out what is the max amout of miles i can get at calex

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  8. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Well it's that time again. After a nice 4 days home I am ready to leave. I have a drop and hook up in Griffin Ga tomorrow night with a load going to Hooksett NH and finals in Mountain Top Pa. The truck is all loaded with food and essentials. I'll be leaving around 8am. Talk soon all.

9. Inspired driver

Inspired driver Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2010
    binghamton ny
    Hey john boy have a safe trip

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
    JohnBoy Thanks this.
  10. cynicalsailor

cynicalsailor Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Cenral Coast, CA
    I'm with you, Gary. For some reason Wyoming doesn't bother me so much, but Nebraska sure can be depressing. And the Ohio Turnpike is maddeningly boring. I do like the run between Barstow and Albuquerque. I've always felt very much at home in the desert.

11. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Listen, I'm not changing my route. Even if I am out numbered.....lol. I'm a creature of habit. I've been going this way for many years. Old habits are hard to break. Be safe all, I'm outta here.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.