Calex Express....My New Home!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Gary,

If you cant make the delivery because you run out of hours or the shipper is late on loading you, does Calex press you to run illegally??

KH

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. garylobo

garylobo Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Kissimmee, FL
    No sir. On the contrary, they want us to run legally to the point of changing the delivery date/time if necessary. We received a message so stating on the People Net just the other day from safety. Even though it took me all day Monday to load, I still had plenty of time to run a few hours Monday night and all day Tuesday to make my midnight appt. Tuesday night outside of ChiTown.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  4. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Thanks for all the flowers Gary. Has it really been a year for you? It seems just like yesterday I picked you up in Orlando for the ride to Pittston. Congrats my friend. I too am glad we've become good friends, this is the best part of this profession, the people you meet and am able to call a friend.

As far as smoking and drinking I don't miss any of that. The chasing of women is now solely reserved for my wife, and in a 200 sq. ft. cabin I won't need to work to hard at that!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  5. Trucker4Life05

Trucker4Life05 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hesperia Ca
    Well I got loaded around 5pm I am now taking my break here in kingman got here ard midnight az time there is another calex truck here but don't who it is its truck 242 I think but ill be gng to sleep now have fun on your trip john and give gary my number

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  6. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Thanks Todd, be safe on your trip back east. I'll give Gary your number.

7. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Well I had my day in court, gave my deposition in this lawsuit I'm involved in and now the countdown has started for my vacation. I told Louie about this lawsuit and told him I needed to be home for this. What did he do? He made sure I was home this week. Thanks Louie! What I lost in salary will be more than made up for when this legal crap is over with. Be safe all, God Bless!

Spacecoast, Hitman and The Challenger Thank this.
  8. Trucker4Life05

Trucker4Life05 Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hesperia Ca
    Well I'm here in effingham I'll getting fuel ill be stopping in knightstown in I don't deliver tell 6am mon morning I keep seeing truck 242 so hopefully come Monday I can fvind out who it is

9. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.

Gone Cruising.....Will Return 11/7/10.
    See ya!!!!!!

The Challenger and Spacecoast Thank this.
  10. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    For those of you passing through Kingman AZ, theres a good place eat at the airport. Its called Kingman airport cafe. The address is 6000 flightline dr. Not too sure if they offer truck parking. I only find out about about this place when my my former boss and I parted ways. They have the best pancakes and it may be a bit more pricey but the hospitality make up for it.

KH

garylobo Thanks this.
  11. garylobo

garylobo Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Kissimmee, FL
    Johnny, I know you'll have internet access on the boat, so bon voyage, watch out for hurricanes, don't eat more than seven or eight times per day, and leave your poor wife alone after 3am, ok? J/K pal, enjoy - you deserve it...

I'm here in Vernon, CA having arrived today about 2pm local time, for a 6am delivery Monday morning. Vernon ain't La Jolla, believe me. Everything's closed here, so i'm parked on the street a few blocks away from the delivery, with 2 other trucks. There's all sorts of NO COMMERCIAL PARKING signs around here, but with no truck stops in the area, what's a poor guy to do? Everybody has to be somewhere, all of the time. That's one of the 2 great (and only) things my dad taught me. The other was, "Get the facts or the facts will get you...". Ugh. Well, he's gone now but I loved him just the same, in spite of his obvious jingoisms.

Louie told me to DH up to Wheeler Ridge TA after the delivery tomorrow. He considers that a "midway" point for getting reloaded with produce, depending on whether it's north or south. I thought the north was done for the season, but he said no, it's stilll going on. I know what'll happen though - I'll go up there, take my 34 hour reseet, and he'll reload me right back here in Vernon, where we have a customer that loads for Wegmans in Pottsville, PA. Right? We'll see...

Remember everyone, "GET THE FACTS, OR THE FACTS WILL GET YOU!"

Happy Halloween! Boo!

The Challenger and Hitman Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.